Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

buffered power supply?

More
2 months 1 week ago #64723 by acautorepair
i got a 2012 mustang 3.7l with a 6r80 transmission that is giving problems. several shift solenoid/tcc solenoid codes but also p0657 actuator supply voltage code. trying to test this code alldata give no info about. looking at wiring diagrams on alldata and google it looks like pcm has internal relay to power solenoids but calls it a buffered power supply. i have 12 volts on it checking with a power probe but when load testing it with just a parking light bulb it will not light the bulb and shows voltage drops down to around 1 volt. load testing the wiring shows wiring good from pcm to transmission connector. so my question i guess is what is a buffered power supply and what voltages should i be seeing when before i replace the pcm. 

thanks 
donald.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 months 1 week ago #64735 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic buffered power supply?

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

The only relay I see in the attached diagram is in the battery junction box. Which wire are you testing that cannot support enough current flow to light a bulb?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 months 1 week ago #64739 by acautorepair
Replied by acautorepair on topic buffered power supply?
i was check pin 12 on the transmission that at the pcm side showed vpwr. but after doing some more research and checking with a buddies mitchell it showed a trouble tree for the code(which alldata doesn't have) and that showed pin 7 at the transmission to be the power supply for the solenoids. after finding that i found no power coming from pcm but when i powered that wire up the transmission is shifting fine now. thanks for the reply.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds