Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Whats making my relative throttle % come down?

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #64703 by LavishAutomotive
Hi     Current vehicle is a 2007 Mazdaspeed3.

Ive got a log of me doing a 3rd to 4th gear WOT pull, once i shift into 4th the car bogs down. While im at steady speed, the car hiccups or Under slight acceleration i can feel the car jerking coming up in RPMs in between shifts during city driving.        im not 100% sure what im looking at in the logs, however, what i observed is that my Relative Throttle Postition % drops as if i let up on the throttle during the WOT pulls.       I had a known good Throttle body so i replaced that and it wasnt the problem. i did a smoke test to look for vacuum leaks and found none but didnt do a boost leak test. Can someone look at my Log if theyre able too and tell me what could be the issue and tell me what could be making it seem like im letting off throttle when im not?  I appreciate your time!

Help me so Im not a parts changer. I appreciate your help!
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Chad. Reason: Removed "Private" status.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #64704 by Chad
Graph your O2 sensors during your WOT runs. ALL  O2 sensors should go Full Rich during WOT. If your O2 sensor go Lean, then you have a fuel delivery issue.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #64705 by juergen.scholl
The change in throttle position may be an order of the pcm...

Are there any misfires and/or DTC's registered? Bogging under full load may point  to an ignition issue.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Chad

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #64706 by LavishAutomotive
i greatly appreciate the responses. i will watch my o2 sensors, and i do not have any current, pending, or memory DTCs. I cant seem to be able to monitor misfire counts with my scan tool either. Its a Snap on scan tool and was able to with an 01 mercedes cl600 and 2019 rav4 but not on an 07 Mazda? must be not a supported PID or something. i have added a WOT log if someone is able to view it. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by LavishAutomotive.

More
2 months 1 week ago #64707 by Lupe
does it rev up ok while in park or n ?

More
2 months 1 week ago #64708 by LavishAutomotive
Yes. It idles fine too. While at a steady speed, it also hiccups or feels like im getting nudged at probably 5-9% throttle.

Im wondering if its coil packs misfing but not severly enough to through a code?

More
2 months 1 week ago #64725 by LavishAutomotive
Hi, just a quick update. So im leaning towards my high pressure fuel pump reaching its max limit. I had vehicle detuned until i can get HPFP internals. After detuning, the HPFP is able to keep better.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds