Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Signal wire testing with LED.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #64561 by bslater
Hey all, I have a Kia Sedona 2002 v6 that has been acting strange, and I have no been able to figure it out (however I think I am close.) It's a no spark no start. It gets gas, and compression is good. The ignition coils are 3 wire and all have 12v going to them, they have ground, and they have a signal (used a led as that is all i have). However, I noticed the wires to the coils are pretty bad, and when I measure the signal with led light; Coil 1 has a very faint pulse as it should be. Coil 2 and 3 the LED light flashes Bright on the signal pulse. Which I assume there crossed wires somewhere? 
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by bslater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #64568 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Signal wire testing with LED.
You're going to need to provide the year and engine for anyone to be able to help you efficiently.
Are these 3 or 2 wire coils?
Your description makes it sound like 3. How are you checking spark?
A 3 wire coil will make spark if it has power ground and control.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 months 1 week ago #64602 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic Signal wire testing with LED.
so it cranks ? does it have a R P M as u crank on the dash ? as noah asked more info please , what have you done to it , old 2002 , has it been tuned or coils checked or new , any codes ? thanks

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds