Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 e350 major runability issues

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64323 by acautorepair
i have an 08 e350 brought to me that has been at another shop for a while. when i got it it had codes p061b( Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance), p2105(tac system forced engine shut down) and p2107(tac module processor). van would start and run for a short time then stall, acting like running out of fuel. other shop replaced pcm, throttle body, accelerator pedal, mass air flow sensor and oxygen sensors along with reprogramming pcm that i know of. i have no clue what problems the van started with.
running van watching data i noticed o2 sensor readings and mass air flow sensor readings freeze up around the time van starts acting up and stalls. somwtimes  i can just turn switch on wiith out trying to start and mass air flow sensor reads like van is running, sometimes around 4 grams/second, sometimes around 40 grams/second without anything happening. test with vantage and get different readings at mass air flow sensor or pcm than what scanner is showing. when scanner is showing high readings with engine off i can unplug sensor and readings show no change on scanner.
i am thinking they got a bad pcm but do you feel the readings i am seeing is enough to say bad pcm or is there something else i need to test?

thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64335 by Noah
I would compare the MAF voltage pid to the actual measured voltage on the MAF signal wire to start.
Maybe even jump it to ground and 5v while watching the voltage PID on the scanner to see if it reflects accurately, or if it is possibly shorted to ground or crossed into another circuit.
If you still suspect the engine computer, obviously powers and grounds will need to be load tested at the PCM connector before making that call.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: acautorepair

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64337 by acautorepair
tested with vantage at sensor and back at pcm and get different readings with vantage than scanner shows. tried jumping to ground at sensor when scanner shows high readings and nothing changed on scanner.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds