Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 02 GM 3.1 403-5 DTCs

More
6 years 10 months ago #11166 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:02 GM 3.1 403-5 DTCs
Lol its definitely a win! Your almost there!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: StepSide88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #11171 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:02 GM 3.1 403-5 DTCs
Sorry I dropped out of this thread for a few days. :blush: At training this week. Very happy to see this, though:

StepSide88 wrote: Now with a clear line I need the 60 lb test gauge.
WOT immediately pegs this 15 lb so easily 20-exhaust back pressure.

Nice! :woohoo: I mean, it sucks that you have to do a converter. But at least we know now! AND you've got a sweet tool to recheck backpressure when you're done. :lol:

If it helps at all, this is a chart I got from a training manual a couple years ago. It shows the basic logic we're following with the WOT O2 test, plus some refinements like Load and MAP. Very handy to have around for complaints like this.

I really want to thank you guys for the help and pointers.
I am coming out of this with more knowledge ,new tools, one of which I got invent and possibly refine, further testing is needed.

No problem, thank you! :cheer:
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago #11174 by StepSide88
Replied by StepSide88 on topic Re:02 GM 3.1 403-5 DTCs
SO after dropping the front of the tail pipe and testing with my In house vac which I know runs 6-7 lbs I show 6lbs vacuum.

Catalytic converter on order.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11314 by StepSide88
Converter installed and it now needs other cars to get out of it's way @WOT!

Ran a EVAP drive cycle but didn't clear the existing codes first so will repeat those steps to see just where it is with codes then.

Question: IF I need to trouble shoot more codes after this would it be best to continue this thread or begin a fresh one?

Thanks again for the help!

More
6 years 9 months ago #11316 by Ben

StepSide88 wrote: Converter installed and it now needs other cars to get out of it's way @WOT!

That's great news!

StepSide88 wrote:
Question: IF I need to trouble shoot more codes after this would it be best to continue this thread or begin a fresh one?

Either way will be fine

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 9 months ago #11353 by Tyler
Great to hear the good news! :cheer:

I'm sticking a [FIXED] on this one for now. Like Ben said, feel free to start a new thread if needed.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds