Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

14 Hyundai SantaFe Sport, flashing CEL, dreaded P1326 Knock Sensor Performance..

More
4 months 5 days ago #64205 by SuddenTrouble
Hey there from NH
a little bit of history before I get right into things..I work at a used car dealer in southern NH. My Girlfriend recently bought a 2014 Santa Fe Sport from my Boss. The car has around 88k and is pretty clean especially considering where we live things tend to get pretty crusty pretty fast. The car runs and drives great, my boss put some miles on it without any issues. My girl has been driving the car for about a month now. The other day the check engine light came on with a couple weird codes, one being a trans range/position code. I was with her when it happened, we were sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out of a space and she knocked the car into Neutral on accident. No big deal, cleared the code and its been gone since. The next day she calls me to report a flashing CEL and the car wont rev and is barely able to be driven. Eventually get the car back to the shop and its a P1326. After doing some research on Mitchell and Google i found the TSB and T3G campaign (forgive me I might have gotten that wrong) which basically is a recall for a few things. Part of the Harness under the hood, a knock sensor, a relfash and finally an engine up to 120K. I checked a few things with the scanner and cleared the code. Its been two days and now the code is back and cant be cleared this time. Does anyone have any experience with this process with the Dealer to get the car checked out? Does the light need to be on when it gets there? Or tips how i can go about diagnosing the knock sensor and or harness myself? I dont think its a bad engine, the oil is way too clean and theres no weird knocking or anything like that. But Ive been wrong before.
Sorry for the lengthy post and format but I would like to get this handled myself instead of shipping it to the dealer or just clearing the light and sending her back out to get stranded again.
I ordered a knock sensor and a set of plugs, i have a set of coils already for the car at the shop but the plugs and sensor alone were $100 on the shops account, would have been much more otherwise. The sensor is located under the intake manifold but i think i can get it if i pull the starter... time will tell. Im curious about the harness extension that is part of the recall, as well as what the reflash does, maybe just dial back the sensitivity from the knock sensor?
i do have a scope but im unable to use it with my chromebook ATM.
Thanks for reading ! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 months 2 days ago #64228 by Noah
Hopefully the knock sensor takes care of it, keep us posted

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds