Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Help with stange p0172 code on cold start.

More
4 months 1 week ago #64146 by Turbz
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help with my vehicle which is a 2012 bmw 118i with an n43b20a engine. I get this code 29eo/p0172 system rich bank 1. What ive observed while live reading is on first start from cold open loop ltft will be at -35 and once o2 come online and in closed loop stft will read around -5 then as the car warms up ltft goes to 0 and starts to rise to the positive side and when at operation temperature ltft is at +30 and stays like that on idle and moves to around +4 to 12 under load. Smoke tested when cold warn and hot and no leaks. Car starts rich from cold to lean when warmed up. Another thing I've noticed is if reset fuel adaptions when warm upon starting ltft is already on +30. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanksĀ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds