Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Who is familiar with working on mercedes Benz 300e?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #64066 by LavishAutomotive
Hi,

.  Trying to get a 91 300e 4matic running but is only cranking. It has good spark, and good fuel pressure. No Vac leaks. Over voltage protector, i believe its called, has 2 10 amp fuses and those are not blown.

Can you tell me where i should look/test? 

I looked at Cold Start Valve and tested that. I got just over 10 ohms, i also took it out and watched to see if itll spray by rolling motor over and its such a fine mist that it almost wont even make card board wet. Should i look at Temp sensor?

Thank you! 

Jacob Miller.

Help me so Im not a parts changer. I appreciate your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #64092 by LavishAutomotive
It Alive!! However, ive got quite a misfire. Plugs, wires, distributor cap is new. Rotor looked fine, im getting spark for sure on all cylinders. If i slowly give gas, it pretty smooth, but if i put it under a load itll Miss. Could this be a failing ignition coil? It does this hot or cold. 

Help me so Im not a parts changer. I appreciate your help!
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by LavishAutomotive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds