Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

02 issues 2013 chevy avalanche 5.3

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #64013 by rudnickif
getting the following codes. Checked all voltages and all checked ok, no vacum found did water test, all injector read 13ohms, wiring looks ok, put in set of new ac delco 02sensors. Could i have bad injectors and or a bad ECM? also sometimes it will idle rough the abs light will come and the will idle fine ??  or give me an idea where to narrow down too ? also check wiring harness not issues there, i also checked ground and power no issues found. I also ohm out 02 sensor reading 06 to 12 ohms 

Scanner ELM OBD2 Version: 1.101.9/1.101.9/iOS DTC report Connection profile: Chevrolet OBD-II / EOBDDate: 12/28/2023 4:21:57 PM VIN: 3GNTKFE79DG292059 ============================ OBD-II No DTC found. ============================ Engine control unitEngine control unit DTCs: 9
P0053 [0x0053] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S), bank 1, sensor 1 - heater resistance General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up, Warning Indicator Requested
P0054 [0x0054] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S), bank 1, sensor 2 - heater resistance General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up, Warning Indicator Requested
P0140 [0x0140] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1 - no activity detected General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Current DTC, Test failed since DTC cleared, Test not passed since current power up, Current DTC since power up
P0036 [0x0036] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC
P0300 [0x0300] Random/multiple cylinder(s) - misfire detected General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Current DTC since power up, Warning Indicator Requested
P0030 [0x0030] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared
P0132 [0x0132] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 - high voltage HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1; HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1; HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1; HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1; HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1; HO2S Circuit High Voltage Sensor 1 General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared
P0134 [0x0134] Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 - no activity detected General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, Current DTC since power up
P0175 [0x0175] System too rich, bank 2 General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared ============================ BCMBCM DTCs: 2
B2645 [0xA645] Ambient light sensor circuit malfunction; Ambient Light Sensor Circuit Below Threshold; Ambient Light Sensor Circuit Above Threshold General Electrical Failures: voltage above threshold [0x07] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC
U0199 [0xC199] Data bus, door function control module A - no communication General Electrical Failures [0x00] Status: DTC supported by calibration, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC 
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by rudnickif.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 months 1 week ago #64018 by Noah

getting the following codes. Checked all voltages and all checked ok,

The heater circuit codes are usually pretty easy to verify. You say you checked "all voltages". What exactly did you check at the oxygen sensor connector, and what did you find while you were checking?

When I check them for heater codes, I identify the two wires on the oxygen sensor that are the same color. Those are the wires for the heater circuit, and if you are interested in ohm checking, are the two you need to connect to.
With the engine running, and the heater circuit on, one wire should be powered and the other grounded. You can check this very easily with a test light across those two pins. When you start the engine, if all the powers and grounds are good as you say, the test light should illuminate.
This will prove the circuit and computer driver are intact.

​​​

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 months 1 week ago #64020 by rudnickif
Thanks I will check it out. Do you happen to know what brand of 02 sensors are called on this truck? there are so many, I currently have a set of Ac Delco in there ..  yes i checked the wiring to  the ground to the to 02 and the positive   to the o2 and checked out ok, I will double check and get voltage readings from my snap on test and light. I am under the assumpiton that my 02 are bad even they are new?

More
4 months 1 week ago #64021 by rudnickif
I also unplugged all 02 sensors and from watching scanner danner , I would say wiring down to o2 are good including ecm

More
4 months 1 week ago #64022 by rudnickif
also are 02 sensors interchangeable between brands? and is there a way to test 02 before you install on the vehicle?

More
4 months 1 week ago #64023 by rudnickif
also what would cause the 02 sensor to be black and sooty?

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 months 6 days ago #64062 by Noah
I think Delco is the OEM, general motors aren't very picky about oxygen sensors in my experience.
Black and dirty, could be an indication of running rich, they're always a little cruddy.
So you unplugged the oxygen sensors. Is it safe to say that on scan data the oxygen sensor data went to 450mv? I assume that's the test you were doing?
If you clear the codes, what comes back first?
I was assuming the heater circuit codes since they weren't first on the list. If that is the case, then the heater circuit needs to be diagnosed first before any of the range or performance codes.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 months 1 day ago #64150 by Boswell27
Have you tried a smoke machine to check for a vacuum leak? I have missed some intake leaks with the water test .... also not saying i did it right either. LOL Just a question.

More
4 months 23 hours ago #64151 by rudnickif
I apologize it has taken a moment to get back. I changed the 02 sensors all codes gone now with the exception of a 219A code

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64244 by Lupe
with o2 s that dirty would check s/ plugs , injectors , and fuel system, evap, and as Boswell 27 or 28 mentioned vacum leaks , Good luck

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds