Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Chevy suburban l83 5.3 swapped the engine from a 2018 5.3 runs like crap

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #63951 by 907arlen
 Swapped a 2018 5.3 into my 2015 suburban after my engine blew been running like crap and can’t figure out what’s causing this have changed the o2 and mass air flow sensors sometimes it will run fine but then it will return to running like crap and check engine light 
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by 907arlen. Reason: Flipped the picture around

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63952 by XsleepercellX
I’d suggest posting a little more info. DTC codes would be very useful, why the engine was swapped to begin with and any checks you’ve done your self?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 907arlen

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #63953 by 907arlen
5:01今E7• MailNot Secure — aitus.golo365.comThere are 40 issues for Power system:1.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit HighVoltage Bank 2 Sensor 12.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit LowVoltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
  1. Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2
  2. Engine Misfire Detected
  3. Camshaft Position System Performance
  4. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater
Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 17.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) HeaterResistance Bank 1 Sensor 28.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) HeaterResistance Bank 2 Sensor 19.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) HeaterResistance Bank 2 Sensor 210.Ambient Air Temperature SensorPerformance11. Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 2Performance12.Intake Air Temperature (IAT) SensorPerformance13.Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) SensorPerformance14.Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) BelowThermostat Regulating Temperature15.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) CircuitHigh Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 116.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HOS) SlowResponse Bain 1 Otroor 1 
 5:01今E7• MailNot Secure — aitus.golo365.com17.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) HeaterPerformance Bank 1 Sensor 118.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) CircuitHigh Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
  1. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
  2. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Lean to Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2
  3. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HOS) Slow Response Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2
  4. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Lean to Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
  5. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Delayed Response Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
  6. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Delayed Response Lean to Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2
  7. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater
Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2
  1. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HOS) Delayed Response Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2
  2. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Delayed Response Lean to Rich Bank 2 Sensor 2
  3. Heated Oxygen Sensor (HOS) Slow
Response Bank 2 Sensor 129.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) HeaterPerformance Bank 2 Sensor 130.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) CircuitHigh Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 231.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Delayed Response Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1
 5:02今E7• MailNot Secure — aitus.golo365.comResponse Lean to Rich Bank 2 Sensor 135.Heated Oxygen Sensor (HOS) HeaterPerformance Bank 2 Sensor 2
  1. Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
  2. Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1
  3. Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2
  4. Knock Sensor Performance
  5. Knock Sensor 2 Performance
There are 4 issues for Safety and Security system:1.Invalid Data Received From Engine ControlModule - Invalid Data2.Lost Communication With Transfer CaseControl Module3.Invalid Data Received From Transfer CaseControl Module - Invalid Data4.Invalid Data Received From Engine ControlModuleThere are 5 issues for Vehicle body system:1.Electronic Control Unit Hardware - InternalChecksum Error
  1. Headlamps Control Circuit - Open
  2. Right Headlamp Control Circuit - Open
  3. License Plate Lamp Circuit - Short to Battery
  4. License Plate Lamp Circuit - Open
Inspections are normal for Power system
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by 907arlen. Reason: Wasn’t right

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63954 by 907arlen
I swapped the motor because head gasket blew on my 2015 at 245000 miles so I found a wrecked 2018 and took the motor tranny and exhaust cats and all it started off as down stream 02 sensor low voltage so swapped that to a new oem one went ahead and put a new mass air flow sensor

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #63957 by Noah
Unfortunately this reads like a bucket full of alphabet soup spilled on the floor.
It will be very difficult for anyone to help you with such little information.
I suggest you clear the codes, and report back with the first codes to set. The code numbers and description (ex: p0302: misfire cylinder 2) and try to explain what exactly "running like crap" means.
Pleas don't take offense, this is not a personal attack, there's just very little to go on here....

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Noah.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63958 by Hardtopdr2
What brand maf sensor did you put in ? Try unplugging it and seeing if it runs better. If so put old one back in. A lot of the codes showing looks like battery was still connected when starting to remove components. With the O2 sensor codes check the fuses to see if they are blown. Like Noah said clear codes and see what comes back first then work from there. Also check to make sure no wires are pinched between trans and engine block or exhaust manifolds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 907arlen

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63961 by 907arlen
I cleared the codes checked for pinched wires nothing stood out now I’m getting a p0157
P0175
P0300

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63963 by Hardtopdr2
ok now unplug maf and see if fuel trims improve. if not then swap both o2 sensors from bank two to bank one. see if problem follows. if not your injectors might have an issue like sticking open/ debris.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #64186 by 907arlen
So I switched them over I wire brushed the soot of the outside of the o2 sensors and the truck ran flawless for about 5 hours  then this am check engine light came back and misfire and low voltage bank 1 01 b1 o2 so seems the problem did follow it then it threw bank2 o2
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by 907arlen. Reason: Forgot a code

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64190 by Hardtopdr2
what were the code numbers? and which o2 had the problem follow up stream or down stream? and what code showed up for bank 2?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #64202 by 907arlen
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Chad. Reason: Removed un-used "spoiler" and "confidential" attributes.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64209 by Hardtopdr2
ok the downstream o2 that you swapped from bank two sensor two to bank 1 sensor 2 position looks to be part of the problem i would replace that 02 with a new one.

as for bank 2 looks like you will need to see misfire data (current and history data) and see which cylinders are misfiring and address that issue before resuming the p2099 -00 code problem for bank two.

alex

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds