Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2017 Chrysler Pacifica can buss electrical or transmission

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63937 by 2005DFS
I have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica that will through a error code, 4 actually, and put transmission into limp mode. Codes: P1DB2 Actuator Supply Voltage "A" CircuitP0998 Shift Solenoid "F" Control Circuit LowU0402-00 Invalid Data Received From TCM : No Sub Type InformationU0418 Implausible Data Received From Brake System Control Module 1 it sets the cel, the traction control light and the park break light, on the das flashes service electronic stability control, and park break temporally unavailable. local Chrysler dealer said bad battery, volts were only 11.24 and 300 amps, so I had the replace both batteries worked for 2 weeks then back, they looked at it put a new tcm on and then told me the valve body needs replaced, but they never did any type of diagnosis. I got the car back found the procedure to check the wire harness and the solenoids they check out. We found out if the car is cold it sets these codes, and if it is warm it works, can also let the car idel for awhile when cold and codes are set it will start to function, sometimes it does clear all the codes, and others clears all but the P0998. I have pulled out the can buss star connectors, and unplugged them and looked for cracked solder joints, did not really see anything suspect, but after we did this the car worked for about a week. i messed with the star connectors did not do anything but once car warmed up then worked. I did order and replace both star connector, did not help. So I am at a loss as to weather this is a can buss issue or actually in the valve body. Would be nice if any of the local car dealer have electrical service techs or auto oscilloscopes to check the can buss. Hopefully somebody has experienced this issue or able to steer me in the right direction. Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63938 by Chad

So I am at a loss as to weather this is a can buss issue or actually in the valve body.

Based on the codes, I would investigate the valve body solenoid circuits. Since this seems to be affected by temperature, I would guess that it is going to be a connection issue. Connection issues can, sometimes, suck because you can "fix" the problem, without knowing it, just by touching things. Other times, a wiring harness "wiggle test" can be very fruitful.

Here is some code info:

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63939 by 2005DFS
thanks for the reply, i have wiggled all the connections. I did do the p0998 procedure it all checked out. at the time the other code was not present, so i did not do that one. it did work briefly after we checked this but came back. this morning it worked after i disconnected all the connectors on the star connector and plugged them back in. if i have a no go in the morning i will try the star connector again, and see if it does anything.

Thanks
Darrin

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds