Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Can anyone tell me what these mean?

More
5 months 4 days ago #63858 by dugy401978
 Like rev counter? I know what iac is. I should check voltage at the Iac before changing correct? I have a misfire on cylinder 4 only.  I plan on changing plugs.  I do happen to have one new coil.  I realize the mis can be from fuel injector. Or a wire. Slowing getting it.  Btw.  Using a TOPDON topscan. Feedback on screenshots appreciated.  Thank you. Doug. 

Unless I specify otherwise. I am working on a 2004 Dodge Durango. 4.7. Thank you for helping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 days ago #63859 by Tyler
For context, is this a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram product?

The '200 rev counter' is part of the misfire monitor, to be used in conjunction with the individual cylinder misfire counters. Usually, the individual cylinder counter will accumulate misfire counts until the 200 rev counter counts down from 200, at which point the misfire counts reset. It's there to give you some context as to how often a cylinder is misfiring. It can also indicate if misfire monitor has been disabled by the PCM (fault code set, low fuel level, like that).

IAC current is going to be application specific. I wouldn't get too worried just because the TopScan range says it's over. I LOVE the TopScan, but it's not my first choice for certain CDJR products.

It's tough to say from just a screenshot, but 17 miss counts on one cylinder would suggest low contribution from #4, rather than no contribution. Again, knowing the year/make/model/engine would help.

More
5 months 3 days ago #63872 by dugy401978
I bought the topscan by TOPDON.   First thing I found was cylinder 4 was misfiring like crazy.  I watch the count live. Impressive tool for 50 bucks.  Anyways.  Changed plug.   Mis is gone.   
 I have to figure out the iac reading being high.  Not sure how to approach it without just changing it.  Does the high number indicate a bad iac? Or something else? I’d love some advice on what I should do next. When I started my 2004 Dodge Durango 4.7 this morning it idled good at about 1000 rpms but as the rpms got lower I felt a rough idle.  No misfiring cylinders.  I’d like to pull the plug and test the wires.  But I’ll have to google what I am looking for.  5 volts? I have Paul’s book.  I’ll look in there to see if theirs iac wiring testing procedure.  Any advice is appreciated.  Ty Doug  

Unless I specify otherwise. I am working on a 2004 Dodge Durango. 4.7. Thank you for helping.

More
5 months 3 days ago - 5 months 3 days ago #63873 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Can I please get some help?
I have merged your posts.

I can't say that I have ever seen an IAC Current pid. The value indicates 4562 mA...that's over 4.5 amps . That is a HUGE amount of current, for such a small stepper motor. If that data pid is accurate/valid, then I would say that the IAC motor, or circuit, is shorted. However, it is my guess that this is extraneous/erroneous data that should be disregarded.

I would try to verify the amount of current that is being drawn is, really, over 4.5 amps. This can be done with a low current amp clamp, or a multi-meter with an amp measuring function. If there is, truly, 4.5 amps being drawn, you could probably see it with a thermal imager, as well.

Do you have a position pid that you can monitor?

Here, some info on the IAC motor.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 months 2 days ago #63885 by dugy401978
I can’t believe I forgot year make and model again. 2004 Dodge Durango. 4.7. I put a new plug in cylinder 4. Misfire is gone. Seems to idle just a little rough sometimes. I think it’s because of the iac. Was hoping for more info on the iac. I watched Paul’s video on iac and read the section in the book. . There’s nothing about current.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds