Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank no start - No spark

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #63589 by Aurelious
Hi,

First time poster here.

A couple weeks ago I helped my mate upgrade his car speakers. 4 new speakers, tweeters and amp.

After everything was connected, we tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. There are no warning lights on the dashboard, all looks pretty normal. We are able to lock and unlock the car no problem either.

We proceeded to undo everything we did and put everything back as normal, however, the car still won't start. The car cranks, but doesn't start.

We've had a mechanic look at the car and it appears that the car isn't getting spark from the spark plug. When connecting a diagnostic device, there are no errors, or fault codes.

The car in question is a 2018 Toyota CHR. 

It seems logical to diagnose why there is no spark from the spark plugs but I don't know where to start. Could someone help with a list of things to try to determine where the initial spark issue occurs. Fuel is getting to the injectors FYI.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #63611 by stevieturbo
There are many books out there, or youtube videos that can guide diagnostics.

Start there.

But checking live data to see if the ecu is getting sensible sensor readings etc would be a starting point too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds