Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Does the unplug the maf sensor still work 2012 malibu

More
6 months 15 hours ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #63499 by bizz2222
I have a p0171 code on a 2012 chevy malibu  I check the fuel pressure it's hangs around 58 to 60 even when I snap the throttle so going through scan data and suspected the maf in the old days I could unplug it and if the engine responded that would mean maf was OK so I unplugged the maf on this malibu and no difference at all even watching fuel trims with no difference my ltft is maxed at 29 and the stft is 3 to 12 %. Any help would be appreciated.  Also i see scannerdanner uses the 4.0 g/s on the maf sensor as a rule of thumb and at idle mine on this car reads 2.64 g/s your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by bizz2222.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #63507 by Hardtopdr2
p0171 is a o2 sensor code have you checked the o2 for being fixed lean, verifying a lean condition with a snap throttle and enriching it with propane to see if o2 reacts? any exhaust leaks on the y-pipe or cracks in the catalytic converter? also what engine do you have in it 3.6, 2.5 etc. as for the maf you can unplug it to see if it runs better but I don't believe that to be the issue
Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Hardtopdr2.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #63508 by juergen.scholl

Hardtopdr2 wrote: p0171 is a o2 sensor code 

Not sure if I misunderstood but this is not an O2 sensor code.Per se the code refers to a lean mixture issue resulting in an excessive fuel trim correction.Though the code could be triggered by a misreporting O2 sensor.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chad

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #63509 by bizz2222
It has a 2
4 engine

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds