Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1994 Ford F150 fuel tank replacement

More
6 months 1 day ago #63479 by popoften
Hey guys, the aft rear axle tank is full of holes and I need to replace it. I am trying to drop the old tank, I have the straps removed and and also removed the receiver hitch and disconnected the external filler tube. The tank is free  to drop out now, but is still being tethered in by the rubber tube (which I am assuming is the actual conduit that carries the gas into the tank, the tube it is inside I assume vents the air as gas enters the tank) so I cannot complete dropping the tank. Do I just somehow yank this inner tube free? Any ideas appreciated! You guys are the the best. -Pop  n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 1 day ago #63480 by Noah
Hey Pop.
It's been a while since I worked on an old body style Ford truck, but I don't remember any tricks to dropping that tank. The filler tube should separate from the tank with a little picking, twisting and prying.
If it won't come off the the tank end, try to remove it from the spout end where the gas cap is. Or take off the the three bolts inside the fuel door and remove it with filler tube and filler neck attached.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 months 19 hours ago #63484 by popoften
Thank you Noah! - Pop

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds