Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Possible MAP sensor problem?

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63409 by LavishAutomotive
I have an 07 speed3 where it kind of struggles during acceleration, somewhat stutters. While at steady speed, feels like cruise is on as if its trying to keep it at speed. It is not a misfire from plugs, coils, injectors. Fuel pressure is within spec KOER/driving. Im thinking it is a sensor issue? there isnt any noticable Vacuum leaks. The amount of stuttering i feel seems like id see a Vacuum leak or hose off. i have not looked at my MAF readings yet and my STFT/LTFT are within -10%/+10%. Primary o2 is less than a year old but is not OEM, it is NTK. I looked at my MAP sensor and noticed KOEO BARO is at 28.6 and BARO volts are at 3.** volts. MAP KOEO is at 28 inHg while my volts are 1.86. KOER my MAP reads 28 inhg while my volts are 0.5. While KOEO, shouldnt it be 4-5 volts while KOER would be 1-2 volts? i have no current, memory or pending codes.

I have a Snap-on Apollo-D9 if youd like snap shots or recordings. 

Help me so Im not a parts changer. I appreciate your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63410 by juergen.scholl
You state that the displayed MAP pressure value is the same with KOEO and KOER, at 28'' Hg, though the voltage does change from 1,86 at KOEO to 0,5 at KOER.

Did I understand this correctly? If so, was this read on the generic OBD2 side or Mazda manufacturer protocol?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63411 by LavishAutomotive
Hi,

Youre right. The readings were read on my Snap on scan tool. Was not a Mazda diagnostic tool.

Thats just what i had seen while seeing why the car is somewhat struggling to accelerate.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63412 by juergen.scholl
I "suppose" you scanned the vehicle with Mazda software with the SO scanner. .. Under this protocol the scanner might display what's known as substituted values.

What are the map values in generic OBD2, koeo and koer?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63414 by LavishAutomotive
Hi,

I appreciate you helping me. all i can see is inHg for my MAP which is 28.9 Koeo and 8.0 koer. Do i add 20 to my Koer value? Or is that a Vac leak?

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63415 by juergen.scholl
The data shoes your engine is capable of pulling 20” Hg when idling. This is the difference between the actual pressures in the intake manifold when you compare the koeo value (basically atmospheric pressure) to the koer value.

I don't see a problem there , the numbers suggest the engine
does not have a leak issue and the sensor works fine.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63416 by LavishAutomotive
Ill probably have to take a log while driving. MAF is original with 101k miles, o2 like i said is NTK which might not matter, but i just feel better with OEM parts.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63437 by LavishAutomotive
If anybody stumbles on this. My fuel trims are -10.1 STFT and -7.0 LTFT at idle. My B1S1 mA is -.093 at idle.

I must have a fuel component giving me alil to much fuel?

More
6 months 1 week ago #63439 by juergen.scholl
How's the fuel trim at 1500 and 2500 rpm?

More
6 months 1 week ago #63440 by LavishAutomotive
Hi,

At 1500 they are -0.7 STFT And -7.0 ltft

2500 they are 0.0 stft and -7.0 ltft.

Thank you!

More
6 months 1 week ago #63442 by juergen.scholl
Apart from the MAP sensor there should also be a MAF sensor. Did you try to clean this one?

Does the fuel pressure hold for a while after engine shut down?

More
6 months 1 week ago #63445 by LavishAutomotive
I did clean the MAF and fuel pressure holds for awhile after shutdown.

The issue seems to only show itself while acceleration even during light throttle until 3k rpm then seems ok, and while at steady speed it has small hiccups. Should i monitor my throttle postion sensor and look at my VTCS solenoid?

Also, my spark plugs are less than a year old, however, are Autolites. I might try OEM NGKs that are OEM heat range.

I have ran into a vehicle where it had a misfire and owner used to cheap of plugs that made the misfire worse and had to use OEM plugs.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63446 by juergen.scholl
I don't like auto lite plugs very much and would change tem for something better. Of course it's worthwhile to watch the TPS as well.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63447 by LavishAutomotive
Ok. Thanks! Ill monitor the TPS . Also, not sure why it didnt come up on my snap on tool, i have a carsoft MBII scan tool and read generic codes and a coolant temp code come up for being to cold. Coolant temp was sitting at 165⁰ F. Im going to look into thermostat and coolant temp sensor.

I greatly appreciate your feedback as well!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #63462 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Possible MAP sensor problem?
Just reading through the symptoms, are you certain the clutch is not slipping?
It might sound stupid, but it's hard to experience what you are feeling from this side of the internet

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Noah.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63465 by LavishAutomotive
I understand what you mean, clutch isnt slipping though.

However, i got a P2188 which is rich at idle. Before i also had a P0128.

My thermostat definetly needs changed, could also be my temp sensor. My fuel trims are always negative and my ECT doesnt get above 170⁰. Driving i saw it get down to 164⁰.

Im going to replace T-Stat and probably my ECT sensor, then monitor everything again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
6 months 4 days ago #63513 by LavishAutomotive
Hi,

Just giving everyone an update. I replaced my thermostat and my readings are alot better. ECT is where its suppose to be and my Fuel trims together are where they should be as well.

I appreciate all the help and input!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 months 5 days ago - 5 months 5 days ago #63883 by LavishAutomotive
Hi, hope all is well with everyone.

I seem to still have an acceleration issue and one at cruising speeds. During acceleration it is jerky but not like a misfire and also feels like im trying to accelerate in a higher gear at lower RPMs. I get a feeling of it being held back or choked. And at cruising speeds you can feel a light stutter.

This happens only up until 3k, then seems to clear itself or catch up with itself. What do you suggest i look into?

Ive actually been dealing with this for alittle over a year, and the only CEL ive gotten was related to my thermostat being stuck open and rich at idle.

I appreciate all your help!

Last edit: 5 months 5 days ago by LavishAutomotive. Reason: Typo

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds