Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Hummer h2 p0300

More
6 months 1 week ago #63397 by Carburetedcowboy
Can anyone walk me through testing primary and secondary ignition with lab scope on 04 hummer h2 with 6.0. Much appreciated. Not sure where to hook up the leads to see secondary burn line. Leaning towards a bad plug. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63425 by 00Jake00
Replied by 00Jake00 on topic Hummer h2 p0300
Well we need some more info here. What type of scope do you have and do you have the proper leads to do so? Some scopes you're gonna want a attenuator and others you don't really need to. I don't have much experience with other scopes besides the one on my Zeus and in order to view what you're looking for you'll need a secondary pick up test lead since you have plug wires. maybe you can view a secondary waveform with the use of a alligator clip like you can on some COP design coils but I guess I haven't tried that yet on that style of coil. You can see some of what is happening through the primary. To do that you need to find your trigger wire and hook you positive to that and negative lead to engine block, I prefer looking at the amperage waveform for primarys and injector testing. I like to start a time base of around 100ms and go from there. Setting a trigger up on your scope can be helpful at times but when it comes to finding intermittent misfires I try to stay away from triggers if I can help it. What makes you think it's a plug problem? If it has high miles and the plugs have never been touched it may be best just to start off with plug replacement and go from there.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63426 by Bryan Pollock
Replied by Bryan Pollock on topic Hummer h2 p0300
Hey, Happy to help. Let's start at the beginning. What has you leaning towards the "bad plug"?

More
6 months 1 week ago #63427 by Carburetedcowboy
Replied by Carburetedcowboy on topic Hummer h2 p0300
I use a Zeus right now and have and I have the the ignition pickup from aeswave. I was just not getting any type of good waveform by going on the plug wire. I wasn't sure if I had to go on the control of the coil as well etc. I know it's a plug because I swapped it to another cylinder and it followed. But I want to learn more of the setup to jump right into the scope first. Thanks

More
6 months 1 week ago #63428 by Carburetedcowboy
I swapped plug into another cylinder and it followed. Looking for advice on hooking the scope up to read waveforms on bad plugs. With the coil and wire design I was a bit confused when using the pickup on the wire. Wasn't getting a clear waveform.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63432 by Bryan Pollock
Replied by Bryan Pollock on topic Hummer h2 p0300
So snap on stuff really likes their equipment. However if you set the sweep to 10 Ms and turn on peak detection you should be able to get a waveform.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63433 by Carburetedcowboy
Ok and what settings should I use 20kv ignition? Just run the pickup on the wire and then a ground? I was getting a waveform but doesn't look like any secondary I've seen.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds