Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Dodge Avenger 2.4 engine

More
6 months 1 week ago #63328 by Shaban1477
This 2011 dodge avenger problem started with no start and no injector pulse, another used set of injectors were tried but no lack and that is when i was called to come and diagnosed this avenger. I scanned the car for codes and i had map,coolant temp, and few other circuit high codes. So it turns out that not only did we not have injector control, but pcm is also setting map sensor and other sensors circuit high codes. Long story short there is no ground coming out of the pcm to map sensor and other sensors that are sharing the grounds. So i tested powers and ground to the pcm and everything is there so i diagnosed it as a bad pcm. Unfortunately i dont know why it fail and i was also told that this pcm was replaced one year ago. so now a used pcm was reprogrammed and the engine run for a few seconds and dies.the next attempt to start the car and it will run for a few seconds and dies. If you try again it will start and stall to a point of no start and no injector pulse. So four different used pcms have been tried with the same result and they all will crank with good spark but no injector pulse. But now the map and other sensors have not lost their ground from pcm .The only code in memory now is tank pressure sensor code.I can see on my data stream that the injectors are being pulsed by the pcm but i cannot see it on my scope or with my test light. I also ohm my injectors and they are all in 12.4 up to 12.6. I even replaced them with another used one and they are all 12.8 ohms. I load tested my powers and grounds with a test light while the engine was cranking and they are good. Why is it that i can see injector control on live data but not at the injectors. Dont forget that i ohmed the injectors wiring for shorts and they are all fine. So far what i cannnot tell is that all the used pcms they have brought to me none of them are from avenger 2.4 Some are from chrysler 2012 200 2.4, 2014 jeep truck 2.4, dogde journey 2.4 etc... So up untill now, i have not gotten exactely avenger pcm. So could that be the problem because i read a tsb on these models that when engineis replaced or pcms reprogrammed with wrong info you can have a no start conditon. Or they can all work fine because the are all 2.4 engines. ALSO on live data cam and crank looks in sync and pcm is also pulsing the injectors on live data with the scanner connected but i cannot see the pulse comming out of the pcm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63342 by Cheryl
Did you do pcm replacement procedure in the win module? Is there a red dot on the cluster that is flashing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds