Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

PO513 2008 dodge avenger 212k mls

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #63290 by chief eaglebear
Hi guys I have a PO513 the key has quit working(changed fob batt nothingstill) and I have the red security light blinking i have read up on the code and I am thinking of doing the put the bypass module in but for that option i need to know do i need two chipped keys or just one becuase the key i have does not do anything anymore even after changing FOB battery ! So will it work in bypass module or does key need to be working becuase my problem may be due to the bad key as far as a po513 is concerned isnt it if anyone has experience with code (Tyler guys help lol) i have not bought info on module wiring yet but one youtube vid the guy took the module out and cleared eprom on board and plug in  up with cleaner and qtip and it worked every time he said im thinking that might be a good try once i get that deep I do not have under covers off yet the fricken three phillips on steering Colum are stripped ugh what do i do easy out or drill ugh Any help is appreciated been a scanner danner junkie for awhile now so let's talk circuit if I can fix it or test it 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #63359 by chief eaglebear
Hi guys update i tried havinga new key initialized bya locksmith with no luck he was using the autel ms609 i think he checked key fob frequency and it was ok but I looked at TIPM and all the biades on my fuses are burn MARKED but not blown and I still cannot communicate with PCM i will try to get schematics

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 1 week ago #63393 by Noah
Hey Chief, good to see you here.
Did you get the p0513 before you lost communication with the ECM, or is this code set in another module?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds