Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chevrolet Lacetti 1.6 (y. 2006) sometimes runs rough upon start then normalizes

More
7 months 1 day ago - 7 months 1 day ago #63225 by allenp
[img

Diagnostic graphs
The thing has lasted for a month or so now.
Sometimes when you cold start the car, it runs rough, I don't know how to explain it better but it sounds similar to V8 engine running (and of course it's not, its inline 4)...
It lasts for couple of seconds or more (less than a minute anyways), but then starts running normally or more normal...

And sometimes upon first start when you take off, start driving, it acts like it's gonna stall, RPM drops to 300-500 and you need to press accelerator pedal and clutch so it wouldnt stall totaly. Than later after it finished acting up drives normally all the way. It's not happening every time on cold starts, only sometimes but often enough that it worries me.

I've uploaded image of yesterdays diagnostic log and the only thing I notice weird to me is the Ignition timing for #1 Cylinder.
It goes from 18deg to about -3deg while on idle...
Car was on idle entire time and that behaviour seems erratic to me.

The other thing which happens some times (it lasts for years now) is that sometimes I got CEL on with P0341 camshaft sensor out of range/performance. It goes away after a while or if I clear code using scan tool it wont come back on for maybe a couple of months...

I've changed camshaft position sensor a year or so ago and it still happens from time to time.

Car seems to be driving normally to me a week ago I took it to MOT and it passed Eco test and everything no problems.

Thanks for any advice in advance
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 1 day ago by allenp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds