Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Range Rover Hse 4.4L

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #63102 by Horace54
I have a 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4L 230,000 miles( BMW motor) that having air suspension issues. I have read and read from Range Rover forums that this is a common issue. I would like to learn how to properly diagnose this issue and correct it. The vehicle continues to show air suspension inactive. Once i scan the vehicle, It show can bus fault for under the air suspension control module and for the ABS module, it shows left rear wheel speed sensor open circuit. So I performed a visual inspection on the ABS sensor. (left rear) found that part of the abs line was damaged/exposed wires so I replaced the ABS sensor and line. After getting that installed, I cleared the codes, performed a steering angle sensor calibration, performed a height calibration on the air suspension as well. Vehicle drove well at the standard ride height for a few miles then the suspension inactive light illuminated again along with the brake & ABS light. I scanned the vehicle again and the same codes reappeared. Can bus fault under air suspension & left rear wheel speed sensor open circut. Then I looked at all four wheel speed sensors with live data while slowing driving down my street and all four were responding to the vehicle speed correctly. I know these vehicle are problematic and have a host of suspension issues, but if anyone could help guide me in the right direction on diagnosing this issue, i would greatly appreciate it!!! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds