Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62948 by PDM
2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2 was created by PDM
Can someone with access to Ford service info do me a solid and look up DEF heater "C"?
A shop replaced the tank heater/sending unit which was not a fix. The heater that was removed checks good at 2.0 ohms with a multimeter. I'm wondering if heater "C" is for the pump heater. Searching the interweb hasn't produced any answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #63018 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic 2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2
that is a "reductant heater C control circuit performance code" they/you need to test the relay for that circuit, pcm to relay wires and wiring to/from relay to the reductant heater including powers and grounds of heater at heater and ground point. 
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Hardtopdr2.

More
7 months 1 week ago #63074 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic 2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2
Heater "C" is in fact the tank heater. Turns out the driver was cooked in the glowplug module. No idea why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
7 months 5 days ago #63104 by Bryan Pollock
Replied by Bryan Pollock on topic 2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2
First thing , sorry I'm just seeing this 2 weeks after you posted it. I try to check out the diesel questions more regularly. There is a 25 amp fuse in the battery junction box. It should be fuse # 27. You need to check for B+ KOEO while commanding the heater with a scan tool at pin 16 (should be white and orange wire) at the glow plug control module. That input is controlled by the reductant heater relay which is powered by fuse 27 in the battery junction box. If the fuse is good but you still cannot command power you will have to do some regular relay checks at the reductant heater relay

More
7 months 5 days ago #63107 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic 2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2
Test for reply notifications

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 months 5 days ago #63109 by Bryan Pollock
Replied by Bryan Pollock on topic 2012 F-250 6.7 P20C2
Re double reply test

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds