Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 Lancer 4G18 Engine Stalls when I connect MAP sensor

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #62923 by imarecheau
Hi Team,

THe harness for my car had many shorts but the vehicle was running until the shorts in the harness became so bad that the car woudl start intermittently.  I then replace the harness however the car only starts when i disconnect the MAP sensor.

Ive tried:

replacing the harness
replacing the ECU
replacing the MAP sensor

There are no DTC for a MAP sensor issue.  Any advice on what could be wrong or do next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62940 by Noah
No codes for MAP, but are there other DTCs?Is there a chance the MAP sensor connector my be reversed with an other 3 wire connector, such as TPS?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62974 by imarecheau
WOW this makes so much sense. Let me check. The Map sensor is a 4 pin connector that is different to the TPS buuuuuut im wondering if there is another mix up. And nope, there are no DTCs. Very strange indeed.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62975 by imarecheau
WOW this makes so much sense. Let me check. The Map sensor is a 4 pin connector that is different to the TPS buuuuuut im wondering if there is another mix up. And nope, there are no DTCs. Very strange indeed. Any other ideas?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62987 by Cheryl
Is it pulling down the 5 volt reference?

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds