Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 1997 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK AC COMPRESSOR INOP

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #10546 by KEVIN777
PLEASE HELP WORKING ON A 1997 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK COMPUTER NOT SENDING CONTROL TO AC COMPRESSOR RELAY
NO CONTROL FROM COMPUTER TO BLUE ORG WIRE
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Tyler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #10559 by Ben
Need more than that snippet of diagram where are the pressure switches?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 10 months ago #10560 by KEVIN777
Attachments:

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 10 months ago #10577 by Noah
Hi Kevin777,
I moved this from the welcome section to the Repair Questions section where you'll get more help!

Do you have access to scan data?
I don't know about your 97 Subaru, but a lot of car will have a data PID describing the condition of the clutch/relay as on or off.
It's a quick test to verify inputs and PCM response.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 10 months ago #10586 by cheryl hartkorn
did yoju check it at the pcm or the relay? id check it at the pcm to verify that wire isnt open.

More
6 years 10 months ago #10588 by Ben
I love Mitchell diagrams I just can never make put what they say unless there zoomed in . With that said you'll have to look for me where do the pressure sensors signal go do they go to the PCM or do they go inline with the compressor ? Have you checked your pressure? How many pins on the pressure switches? If there just 2 pin pressure switches they are easily bypass tested . Also could be a wiring issue as Cheryl suggested checking at PCM but I usually find it's a input problem

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 10 months ago #10593 by KEVIN777
thank for the reply guys! so there is no scan data pid on this car, also i did check the computer side wire there is no open. the pressure switch works and it is 2 pin connector according to mitchell description it says apply ground on pin 61 ecm connector if compressor not engaging replace ecm I ordered used ecm will recive on june 27 lets see what happens with known good ecm thanks again for taking time and replying .

• Noah
More
6 years 10 months ago #10600 by Noah
Cool, be sure to let us know how it works out!

More
6 years 10 months ago #10618 by Tyler
Hey Kevin! Did you have a chance to look at the coolant temp on the scan data? Just thinking about ECM inputs, and it'll shut the A/C off if it thinks the engine is overheating.

Also, have you looked at the brown/yellow wire from the evaporator thermoswitch? That looks like another ECM input, probably to make sure that the evaporator isn't icing over. That same switch in involved in providing power to the A/C clutch control side - do you have power there?

More
6 years 9 months ago #11178 by KEVIN777
sorry for late reply ecm fixed the problem thank You All Guys.

• Noah
More
6 years 9 months ago #11192 by Noah
Good deal, thanks for getting back to us with the fix!
I'm glad the ECM was the answer!

Tyler wrote: Hey Kevin! Did you have a chance to look at the coolant temp on the scan data? Just thinking about ECM inputs, and it'll shut the A/C off if it thinks the engine is overheating.

Also, have you looked at the brown/yellow wire from the evaporator thermoswitch? That looks like another ECM input, probably to make sure that the evaporator isn't icing over. That same switch in involved in providing power to the A/C clutch control side - do you have power there?

That's where I was too. ;)
But he already bought the ECM, so I figured I'd save it for later just incase.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds