Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 subaru outback 2.5 sohc

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #62777 by Fastrider750
am seeing 20.3 + ltft at idle closed loop yet mpg is 25 hgwy and 18-20 city every gasket and inj seals have been replaced 20 in. man vac measured after throttle body is this a subaru thing? car idles rock steady,power is good, no driveability  issues.car has 202000 miles maintained well more than most,retired master tech,anyone got any ideas?or are 3 separate scan tools lying to me/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #62779 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2005 subaru outback 2.5 sohc
Positive 20 LTFT certainly sounds like too much trim, but it is only part of the picture.
Each bank should have its own LTFT and STFT.
What is the short term at that time?
If it's negative 15 for example while long term is positive 20, then there's really only total trim of positive 5, which is perfectly reasonable.
Does the LTFT improve off idle, and what is short term doing at that time?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
8 months 1 week ago #62852 by Fastrider750
ltft improves some at 2000 rpm stft at 2000 is -8.0 more or less am only looking to max fuel economy .i have a local tuner for subaru and evo who can remap maf rescale ,inj pulse time and duty % do u think its possible to get closer to 30 hgwy mpg or am i wasting time and money just be happy with 25 hgwy?

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds