Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No wiper, no trafficator but hazard work

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #62740 by davidessiendcarguy
How can I fix this car problem? It's a 2005 CHRYSLER 300 3.5L V6 4WD AUTOMATIC 150,127 MILES  The car listed above is limited and according to the client had a horn issue so was taken to a garage. Although the horn later worked, a more complex issue happened to the car. A no crank no start and also a crank no start, whenever security light came up it doesn't start or start and stalls immediately. Infact, ECM was replaced by the engineers but that didn't fix the issues. I finally fixed all these issues listed above with both new and an old ECM.  
a brief video of what I'm trying to explain. When I was about to go, the client pleaded for me to help him fix these issues below, such as, ABS, airbag, traction control light; hard starting,single turn signal for both sides doesn't work but hazard light blinks normally when the switch is turned on, wipers doesn't work too. Mostly for the trafficator / turn signal that wasn't functioning, what could make it to be inoperative and, how can I fix the problem in that car? Can you guide me please, on the repair procedure to fix the problem?  This were the codes I got below 
drive.google.com/file/d/1nZQtpE8DuGGQoeA...0H/view?usp=drivesdk   Does it require a TIPM or trafficator switch replacement? Please, how can I carry out a test to verify if it's TIPM or a trafficator switch that is faulty? 
www.startmycar.com/chrysler/300/info/fus.../2005#anchorfusebox1 . That's the fuse box diagram I saw online
In addition, when testing the fuses at the trunk I noticed that not all the fuses were available, some were empty. Thus, I decided to swap fuse 4 that was available to 5 that was empty. As I did, I noticed an immediate electric spark just by the fuse touching the empty terminal meant for fuse 5.
drive.google.com/file/d/1qqOKGWB08fWkArD...ng/view?usp=drivesdk .
That's the link to what I'm trying to explain.I tried that again with a known good fuse into that location and noticed another spark/ spike.why is it sparking whenever I attempt to put a fuse in that location? I compare that fuse location where there was spark to another good working 2005 Chrysler 300 and saw that there was a fuse in that location. Could that also be responsible for the cars turn signal and wipers problem? How do I address this sparking problem in that fuse location?When I finally succeeded to start the car, as a result of checking the turn signal switch and wiper at under the dashboard using my testlight connected to batt + (pin 16) of obd2 connector and activating the hazard light, when I touched a particular blue/white twisted wire the hazard light seemed it wanted to stop it seem like something is wrong there, when I touched the blue/white wire again the car problems reoccurred all over again. Security light remains ON, lightning bolt light, etc came back on and car didn't idle if it even struggle to start and sometimes doesn't start at all. Fortunately, I was able to start the car again. But the no turn signal, no wipers still remained, how should I fix these ones?    

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #62759 by Tutti57
To me, this sounds like a real project car. You might want to pick one issue to address and hope that it leads you to the cause of some others, like the sparking fuse issue. Are the fuses opening when they spark or just sparking? Either way, the circuit has current flowing through when you touch the legs in, and if the fuse opens, there is an active short to ground on that circuit. Are you certain that the fuse box is the same as the one you are comparing it to? Is it possible that someone put the wrong one in?

You could find out what works and what doesn't, then look at the diagram and see what they have in common, whether it be a module or connector. That could help save you some time and give some direction on where to start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds