Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Honda Civic lx Sedan 1.8L I cant find total A/C pag oil capacity.

More
9 months 1 week ago #62561 by J15925
Hi. I have purchased a 2011 Honda Civic and the air conditioner system is inoperable due to compressor failure. I have spent the last few weeks buying all the components to completely rebuild the system New Compressor, Evaporator, Expansion Valve, Condenser with Desiccant Dryer, All new lines and pressure switch. But the one thing I cant find Is a solid number on the total amount of pag oil to put into the system. I have found online and been told by some that the number was anywhere from 4 ounces to 8 ounces. That's a pretty big range with something that needs to be pretty close. Now the new compressor has some oil in it (3oz) which I intend to drain and measure. But how much more do I need with a new dry system to work with? Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #62571 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
9 months 1 week ago #62592 by J15925
Thanks Chad. Let me see if I have this right. I simply add the amounts for all the components and lines/hoses (there are 3) together and thats my total system capacity? Also the new compressor comes with 3 ounces already in it. Is that in addition to the 205ml/6.93oz?

More
9 months 1 week ago #62595 by Chad

Let me see if I have this right. I simply add the amounts for all the components and lines/hoses (there are 3) together and thats my total system capacity?
That is correct.

Also the new compressor comes with 3 ounces already in it. Is that in addition to the 205ml/6.93oz?

No. The compressor should have a total of 2.5 to 3 Oz. If the compressor came with 3 Oz, I would not add any oil to it. I would add the proper amount to the other components, and call it good.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds