Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Chrysler Hard starting and no start

More
9 months 1 week ago #62523 by davidessiendcarguy
I was called to another garage to fix a 2005 300c chrysler with a v6 engine and an automatic transmission. The problems they noticed with the car was Hard or no start, no throttle response,battery and ESP light remaining ON, most times immediate stalling after starting however, if it doesn't stall there's a rough idle throughout idling as a result an old PCM was replaced with a new one however problem still persisted. 

I did all system scan and saw a P0340, P2167, P2166, P2115, P2116, p0603 and more module codes like C2202, U0168, U1414, B1A25, etc.
Only DTC scan I got p0403, p0403, p0340, p0052, p0058
Please, how can I fix these problems?

The major problem is that whenever the red round light probably, the security light, if it remains ON, the car won't start at all however even if it does start by chance, the car would definitely stall immediately. 

On the otherhand , if the red perhaps security light blinks and battery light goes off, it will have only hard starting but would definitely start. Firstly, how can I fix the security issue? The client said: "he doesn't want anything security in the car anymore." How should I proceed to disabling that security completely? It's because of that that made the engineer encourage them to get a new ECU.

Please, help me with the repair procedure and also wiring diagram showing power distribution layout identification for the engine bay and rear fuses.

and
explains more what I'm trying to explain. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
9 months 1 week ago #62524 by Noah
Please include the descriptions for the codes you are trying to fix. That way everyone doesn't have to jump back and forth trying to Google code descriptions and such.
As far as all the wiring diagrams, repair procedures etc, Mitchel DIY is an affordable resource for access to all the same information Scanner Danner uses in his diagnosis, only for a single car. You can easily charge this fee to the customer.
As far as deleting the security system all together, you will likely not be able to do this. There are programs like HP tuners which have the capability to do this, but that is beyond the scope of diagnosis and repair. Typically this is something offered by a tuner shop, a place with a dyno and racecars. Your average repair facility or dealership will not offer this service.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
9 months 1 week ago #62525 by davidessiendcarguy
This link below shows further what I noticed about the car.

With testlight connected to ground without switching on the ignition, I noticed that a particular fuse actuated the relay. Hence, I pulled it out. And tested the relay circuit.

More
9 months 1 week ago #62526 by davidessiendcarguy
Please, what could be responsible for that? Is it responsible for the problem?

More
9 months 1 week ago #62529 by ferris48

Please, what could be responsible for that? Is it responsible for the problem?

From watching that video I think the flashing light when the car stops running is most likely from the blower motor. If you have blower motor operation with vehicle running, perhaps this blower motor has bypassed that Run Relay to receive ignition run voltage from elsewhere. Pull out Fuse 42 and see if the light still flashing when the vehicle stops running. If not try the other fuses I have highlighted at the PDC.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds