Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Ford F­150 3.5L CMP12 P0365 & P0369

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #62449 by mc1z
Hello!

I'm the 4th or 5th person to work on a 2014 Ford F150 3.5L GTDI with CMP12 P0365 & P0369 DTCs. I think the camshaft sensor has been replaced several times. I checked the wiring, etc. Ground is good & common to all camshaft sensors, as is power (12v).

When I scope the signal on CMP12 & CMP22 (for comparison), both are square waves. OEM info says Low should be around 100mv, both are. High should be above 10v, CMP22 is 12.9v, but CMP12 is 5.4v, obviously the problem.

If I disconnect CMP12 signal wire from the ECM, High fluctuates wildly. Does the sensor rely on the ECM's impedance or resistance to determine/stabilize the High voltage? In other words, can I rely on the data I've gotten so far to say the ECM is bad?

Thanks!

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #62508 by mc1z
Just a quick note on the results of my work on this: Ford IDS wouldn't communicate with the PCM, saying there was an "Invalid PCM identifier" problem, even though Zeus+ had no issues at all.

Replaced & reprogrammed PCM, CMP sensor square waves now all normal High voltage, seems fixed.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #62510 by ferris48
Thanks for update :)

If I disconnect CMP12 signal wire from the ECM, High fluctuates wildly.

So I take this as meaning the sensor's job is to pull the voltage from the ECM down, and this voltage was all wonky?
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by ferris48.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds