Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

abs light

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #62419 by sleepless
abs light was created by sleepless
I have a 2002 ford E150 ford van and when I went out to start it this morning, it wouldn't start, and was showing an abs light, should not the van still start? even with the abs light on, or could I have some other problem, the battery, the alternator, fuse, relay. Are there any tricks to test which wheel has the problem? I have no scan tools and can't seam to scrape up the money for your book, any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Daniel Kinney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #62420 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic abs light
The abs light most likely has nothing to do with why it won't start.
Does the starter turn the engine?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #62425 by sleepless
Replied by sleepless on topic abs light
Yes sir, the van does absolutely nothing in the key run position. Today I plan on jump starting the van see if it starts, if it does, I'll try some fuse checks, and if there's a relay, I'll try to find it as well, will let you know what I find when I get that far. Maby I'll try some of the things Mr. Danner has shown me in the past, tapping the starter, and checking the battery, the basics, I guess. If I get the van started and it moves, is there any way of telling which censor on what corner it may be? The only tool I have is a small obd reader, it will at least give me a code number.Thank you very much for your help and concern, This fourm is the best. Sleeples.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds