Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

golf 5 tdi 1.9 2005 ,crank ok,random no glow plug light no engine lamp no start

More
6 years 10 months ago #10412 by RR-Auto
I have golf 5 , tdi 2005 1.9 diesel. crank ok but No start when no glow plug light, and no engine lamp. After few homes closing and opening the key randomly if the both light comes in the dash ,the car can start normally without problem. I almost check all the ground and power in ecu and i could not find any problem. I have 4 relay in engine fuse box . 2 × 453 and two 433 in engine bay +1 glow plug relay. Inside the car i have 66 relays. And i almost check all the relay 1 number 53 and one 460 and a four small relay.
I almost spend more than 12 hour. And still stocking with this car.... please help me.
I know most of the case same situation like j371, but I can not find and actually I doubt about having j371 in this model ( actualy I short out all the relayes manually.)
I can connect with the ecu with my scan tool. I dont get any number in No mil ( engine check light ) Iresponse and the fault code is :
Relay for Supply Voltage Terminal 30 (J317)
P1601 - 35-00 - Implausible Signal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #10422 by Ben
If I had a nickel for every time I seen a terminal 30 code.... I'll have to look at a diagram for you I won't be able to till Monday. maybe someone else will get to it before me

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: RR-Auto

More
6 years 10 months ago #10427 by RR-Auto

More
6 years 10 months ago #10451 by RR-Auto
a little update.

Smurf786;3056374 wrote: Have you done a full diagnostic scan? See if any faults?

(all input and outputs seems ok on j317)
but I have no inout of 85 , 86 On j757 relay. I dont know what exactly it supplies to . but I get no difference by shorting the output to 12 v . Or even when I get the MiL light on and I can start the car, This relay still has no input inside.
Since everything sounds ok , my last doubt is about self-diagnostic module. I really dont know how does it work ...
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago #10495 by Ben
Take a look at your load reduction relay In the auxiliary relay panel on left side of dash. Also when its acting up check power on fuse 5 ,10 and fuse 29 in same fuse box with key on

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 11 months ago #20798 by oskars.pūne
Hi, having the exact same issues did You find out the cause of the problem?

More
5 years 11 months ago #20817 by MMC
Next time you try to start the car and you have no glow plug light, open your bonnet pull the lid off the fuse box, there is a relay usually with 317 in there. ( take it out and use a piece of wire to cross the wires on the load side, the car should start normally if that's the problem),if this doesn't work the rest of my info isn't much use in this case. If I remember correctly the ecu sends out a ground signal to the control side of the relay and this power up sensors.......anyway the wire from the control side of the relay breaks usually a few inches from the fuse box, this wire goes directly to the ECU, think it could be pin 49 on ECU plug.
Before you do too much, with the ignition on check to see if your power and ground are ok on the control side of the relay.
The relay itself also give trouble, let us know how you go

More
5 years 11 months ago #21081 by ShadeTree
Did you find a solution to your issue? if not please post your engine code, I will try to assist.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds