Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] 1994 Chevy Suburban C1500 - cranking, no start

More
6 years 9 months ago #11682 by Tyler
Thanks for the update! :cheer: Gotta be nice to have it back on the road.

I'm still kinda surprised that we found a pickup coil issue, since I figure that'd have a big effect on spark. Not sure what was up with the injector spray pattern, but a fix is a fix! ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11718 by popoften
Thanks, Tyler.

Forgot to mention the injectors needed O-rings; which I replaced. These were just another in the series of things I found to be *A* problem, but in the end it wasn't THE problem.

Kind of a sad postscript to all this. Drove the car since Sunday, and it has run like a champ. This morning, though, on our way to my daughter's cardiology appointment, the transmission went bye-bye. It had well over 200k on it. We had made it a mile from home, and the trans started slipping from the high gears into neutral. We drove back home in 1st gear, and took another vehicle to the appointment! I guess its possible that the trans developed a fluid leak and all I need to do is fix the leak and top the fluid. But somehow I doubt it.

Such is life with these old vehicles!

If anybody has a used, working GM 4L60E transmission for a 1994 Chevy Suburban 2WD lying around, I'm a cash buyer!

More
6 years 9 months ago #11724 by Tyler

popoften wrote: Kind of a sad postscript to all this. Drove the car since Sunday, and it has run like a champ. This morning, though, on our way to my daughter's cardiology appointment, the transmission went bye-bye.

Ah crap. :ohmy: :( Let us know if we can help you on that one. I mean, I don't have one of those trans around, but happy to help with repairs however I can. :lol:

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11828 by popoften
Well, I have been wrong at pretty much every juncture with this truck. After my daughter's hospitalization I had a little time to check the truck before I junked it. I checked the transmission fluid dip stick. Sure enough, it was reading low, just above the bottom of the dipstick.

I have had low ATF problems cause shift problems before, so I added a quart of dexron (one half pint at a time checking after each half pint so as not to overfill). Tested truck on my driveway, in neighborhood, then up and down highway. Used it to pick up my daughter upon her discharge from hospital (150 mile round trip). Truck Runs and shifts like a champ! Leak also fixed.

I think, for the time being, this thing really is fixed!!!

Thanks again!!!

Pop
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by popoften. Reason: Clarity

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds