Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Typical bad cats? P0420 P0430 (data inc)

More
10 months 3 days ago #62322 by Jprix
New to me ‘15 explorer sport/3.5 ecoboost recently had a check engine light come on. P0420 and P0430.
Not to familiar with turbo engines.

Erased the codes and noticed a “permanent” P0430 in the system and after around 20 miles or so the light came back on.

After viewing live data at idle, I noticed O2 sensor B2 S2 switched rapidly(bad cat) while other times it seems steady. The downstream sensors on bank 1 and 2 voltages are way off from each other,normal?
Also it seems another issue causes the cats to go bad so I included fuel trims as well.

Does this seem like a “lazy O2 sensor or another bad cat situation. Thanks a lot.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #62375 by SimplyCircuits
You may have this whipped by now. But i would start by switching the sensors around and see if the readings follow the sensor. Then go from there.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #62383 by Tyler
Seems fairly cut and dried. Check for exhaust leaks, TSB's and good fuel control. No problems found? Replace the cats. :)

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds