Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Toyota Camry 2.4L. intermittently hesitates while accelerating; no CEL

More
10 months 1 week ago #62299 by Horace54
Good evening everyone!
I have a 2006 Camry with 2.4L engine (180,000 miles) thats experiencing hesitation/lack of power while accelerating. It only does it occasionally. It did it this past wednesday (7/12/23) and I drove it to work the next two days and it hasn't happened since. (today is 7/14/2023) But its like when I press the accelerator, the vehicle barley wants to move. I had an health check performed at Toyota today, no codes pending/stored/history. Vehicle has had spark plugs replaced around 150,000 miles, air filter was replaced during last oil change, throttle body cleaned, maf sensor cleaned with proper cleaner and allowed to air dry. I don't know what could be the cause of this. Any input or suggessions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pinstryper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 months 1 week ago #62307 by pinstryper
No idea, but having issues with same FZ? Engine in my 2010 Scion. So im just going to lurk this thread.
But if issue does not reappear, its darn near impossible to diagnose. You could always do a full scan and look for a borderline issue on a graph?

More
10 months 1 week ago #62308 by Jesus11124
Check vacuum when this happen to
Verified your catalytic converter is not plug

• pinstryper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 months 1 week ago #62311 by pinstryper
Would you not be able to tell something by checking the downstream 02 sensor to see how it responds to snap or wot ? How quickly ? I believe i saw that in a recent (1 of a zillion) SD videos i have been watching.

More
10 months 1 week ago #62314 by Horace54
Thank you very much for your input! Thats a great idea! I will do that tonight and see if i see anything borderline. Hopefully we can find out the cause of this issue. I drove the camry again today to work and it drove like a charm. no issues.

More
10 months 1 week ago #62315 by Horace54
i will also check the downstream 02 sensor as well!

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #63100 by Horace54
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to give an update on the Camry intermittently hesitating. I checked the Catalytic converter to see if it was blocked, checked the rear 02 to see how it responded to WOT, and the 02 was responding correctly. But after all of that, up to this point, it hasn't hesitated since. (This occured in july of 2023) Vehicle has been driving normally. I know its only been a few months, but just wanted to give an update. Thank you all again!!!

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds