Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Benz A190 2002 only two injectors working

More
10 months 2 days ago #62220 by Arifautoworks
I've a benz A190 2002 w168 engine
The problem is when i start the car its working fine but after few minutes only 3 and 2 injector is working and 1 and 4 is dead, there is power on injector 1 and 4 but no pulse and there is P0320 code, when i look at data when only ignition onn engine off the cam sensor giving signal about 1200rpm even though engine is off but crank sensor working fine
Please help me here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #62221 by SimplyCircuits
What does the cam sensor read at idle? What voltage readings do you get at the battery and out of the alternator? What is the voltage at the injectors?
Last edit: 10 months 1 day ago by SimplyCircuits.

More
10 months 1 day ago #62222 by Arifautoworks
Same its not changing 1000 to 1200 rpmeven when i removed the connector its still showing same

More
10 months 1 day ago #62224 by SimplyCircuits
Is the vehicle in closed or open loop? Also, when you revv the engine does it change?

More
10 months 1 day ago #62226 by Arifautoworks
Yes its happens in closed loop, yes revv is there upto 4000rpm and when reaching at 4000rpm is start stalling

Sorry for late reply i was cooking

More
10 months 1 day ago #62227 by SimplyCircuits
Do you have voltage at the cam sensor connector?

More
10 months 1 day ago #62228 by Arifautoworks
Yes, ground is there while sensor disconnected 14v feed and 12V at sensor signal circuit
Please give me some solutions here the costumer have already taken me to court and I've deadline of only this week

More
10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #62231 by SimplyCircuits
Is that a 3 wire cam sensor?

I just looked it up. So 12V reference is correct. Can you check cam/crank coorelation with an oscilloscope?

More
10 months 1 day ago #62232 by Arifautoworks

More
10 months 1 day ago #62234 by Arifautoworks
Please give me some idea
I'm in Africa lusaka zambia its privilege to have oscilloscope here, i don't have any oscilloscope i only got G-scan 2

More
10 months 1 day ago #62236 by Arifautoworks
Look my friend I've removed cam sensor connector and pcm still sensing signal from cam is 1400rpm and other one which showing 0rpm is crank signal
What amaze me is that when only ignition onn engine off why pcm getting that signal even though cam connector is removed i tried i tried putting cam connector onn off amd still no change is signal
Attachments:

More
10 months 1 day ago #62238 by Arifautoworks
If you have benz A190 2002 w168 engine wiring diagram please send me
Yesthisismearifkhan@gmail.com its my email

More
10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #62240 by SimplyCircuits
I am suspecting either a short in the wiring to the cam sensor, or a bad ecm. But wanted to start at square one to be sure something wasn't overlooked. If you can check the signal being sent to the ecm on the cam signal wire, you can see if it is constant voltage or if it is giving a waveform. If it's constant, then the ecm is seeing that voltage as constant rpm. Check the signal wire with KOEO and see if you have voltage with the sensor unplugged. That'll be a start. Then if not you can check it at idle with a scope. If it's sending a normal waveform, and you can verify that by probing the wiring at the ecm, then the problem is more likely internal to the ecm, in my opinion. Hopefully others will chime in here and correct where I'm mistaken. I don't have a diagram for that vehicle on this computer, but hopefully someone will be able to share.

More
10 months 1 day ago #62255 by mashili
Let him call me am also in Lusaka I have a scope so that we can help each other. +260977820455

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds