Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2009 GMC Acadia 3.6; Engine stall

More
4 years 2 months ago #37983 by Tyler
Follow up outta nowhere! :woohoo: Thanks for getting back to us on this one.

Still don't know what was causing the issue but I think about this car at least once a week. One of the few that got away from me.

I definitely know the feeling. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37987 by RCPro
I may have a chance to redeem myself though.

I have another Acadia that had the pressure switch plastics (membranes?) tear, well the previous owner kept driving it with the harsh shifts and now the trans is all but completely burned out.

Seeing as how I still have the old trans, I've decided to swap them to fix it this week. But more importantly test my theory of the TCM having a short and causing the bus to react with wrong information or maybe even drop the signal to the ECM all together.

Side note if anyone has issues with the pressure switches in these trans, I have had about a 50/50 chance of getting them to last a bit longer with this kit:
transgo.com/product-details/psr-5/
It's about a 2 hour job to pull the valve body off, replace them, reinstall and clear adaptions. Like I said its a coin flip and depends how long they drove it with bad switches, but for those that it has fixed have not returned with complaints!

More
3 years 10 months ago #41147 by Qsilver4
Hi everyone
Newbie here
I know this is an old thread but I have a 2009 outlook that has exactly the same set of issues as this thread - exactly

I have also eliminated the trans as a source of the issue

While driving the car gets a sudden jerking loss of all power when the engine speed goes to 0 for an instant, and the auto locking doors actuate in unison

Now similar to RCpro and the 2009 Acadia in terms of looking like it got serviced with new heads, this engine had service having the timing chains replaced

I am desperate also now as nothing appears to be able to change the symptoms and stalling

I have the exact same cyl 1 and 4 issues at time of stall, but can’t figure it out past that

If you fight the stall with the gas pedal you can win, but you get the rich exhaust as if ignition wasn’t occurring

Thank you to anyone who can help with new ideas

Could a poor timing chain job cause this?
I thought it might but the power drop and stall is so sudden
And when it does run it idles smooth and revs ok (unless you rev around 2000 rpm for more than 10 sec)...

Thanks again

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds