Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

EGR Valve Position

More
10 months 1 week ago #62058 by Gaptooluser
Hi

I have a very rough running 3.0 sdv6 engine having used my Gap tool to display live values bank 2 reads 0% while bank 1 reads 31.8% the valve position sensor voltage was 1.79 volts. The commanded reading for both banks are the same 25.9%

I have very little experience of using this tool so am a bit in the dark to say the least.

The 0% valve position value on bank 2 has lead me to believe the EGR valve may be faulty. I have now removed the valve expecting it to be clogged with carbon and guess what it was not. Would anybody be able to tell me what the procedure is to test it on the bench, It has a 5 pin connection.

The 2 screenshots show my first reading and the second shows what happened when I pulled the plug on bank 1

any help you can give would be really appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
10 months 1 week ago #62063 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic EGR Valve Position
You will likely get more help if you include the year, make, model and any trouble codes.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
10 months 1 week ago #62065 by Gaptooluser
Replied by Gaptooluser on topic EGR Valve Position
The vehicle is a 2015 Range Rover Sport 3.0 V6 diesel

The Code displayed P00BE-00 Mass or volume air flow B circuit range/performance - Air flow too low (2B)

More
1 month 1 week ago #65111 by Milstad
Replied by Milstad on topic EGR Valve Position
I've just purchased a GAP tool for my 2015 Range Rover Sport 3.0 diesel and I am trying to get to the bottom of a similar query.

My Bank 2 EGR shows 0% Actual, with engine running, and similar to yours the Commanded EGR % moves around and is similar for both banks. Actual for Bank 1 approximately follows the Commanded figure.

I've bought a new EGR valve for bank 2 and plugged it in with the original EGR still in place. I can see the valve complete the cleaning cycle in/out, but the new EGR valve still has zero movement when the engine is running.

I also run a 2018 RRS with the same engine and this also has exactly the same Bank 2 EGR 0% showing, even though the car is working fine. I plugged in the new EGR and it did the same as the 2015 RRS - no movement when engine running.

I wonder if there is another sensor issue which prevents the EGR Actual signals being issued? From what I can see, the GAP tool doesn't show voltage for Bank 2 EGR, which would have been helpful.

Any suggestions?

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds