Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Hyundai GDI no start. At my limit.

More
11 months 1 day ago #61871 by Knuckledragger63
This is a 2015 Santa Fe with a 3.3 GDI engine that was towed in. I have good compression, good spark, injector pulse (via scope), good primary fuel pressure. Secondary fuel pressure never gets up to desired according to scan data. Rail pressure sensor voltage matches scan data when tested. won't hit on starting fluid, i can hear burbling noise in intake hose like its lean or out of time but with good compression and scoping cam and crank signals it doesn't seem to be a timing issue. I have been through this thing over and over and can't figure it out! Any ideas before I dump my tool cart and just start mowing yards and selling night crawlers???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
11 months 14 hours ago #61879 by Noah
What is the compression for all cylinders? What is actual fuel pressure? What is desired fuel pressure? Did it stop running on the customer or did they come out to a no start one day?
I would probably at this point inspect the plugs to seen if they're super fouled beyond the ability to start the car, and take a fuel sample to make sure it didn't get a jug of 2 cycle or diesel out of some ones shed.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
11 months 32 minutes ago #61904 by Knuckledragger63
compression on all cylinders is 85-95 on first puff and maxes out at 190-210. The plugs always come out of the cylinders with a wet greasy coating on them. I pumped all of the fuel out of the tank I could today and refilled with fresh gasoline. Still no change. I did manage to get the fuel rail pressure to go above the actual by cranking the engine in short bursts (1-2 seconds with about 2 seconds key off in between) Still no start. I will update tomorrow. This alligator is eating me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #61939 by Knuckledragger63
This car has spark, injector drive, compression, and no fault codes. I have drained the gas tank and put 5 gallons of good fuel in it and it still won't start. It won't even hit on starting fluid. That, along with the fact that it is rumbling back through the intake is making me think that there is a mechanical timing issue with this engine. (It's a used engine from a salvage yard) Cam a multicam engine still show good compression even though the cams are out of time? I did a scope capture for the intake cam position sensors vs crank sensor and without a known good, they look ok to me. Cranking compression is 85 psi on the first puff at the lowest and maxes out at 210 after about 6 puffs. i don't know what im not seeing here.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #61940 by Knuckledragger63
By the way, Mitchell Pro Demand has almost no information on this system as far as how the computer strategy works. It would be nice to know what kind of desired vs actual fuel rail pressure this system is looking for during cranking. I like to know how a system is supposed to work before I try to diagnose it.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago - 10 months 4 weeks ago #61941 by Paul P.
This is just the CAMs Intake and Exhaust from Service Info;

Here's a CAM/Crank:

Never stop Learning.
Last edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Paul P..

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds