Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Silverado 5.3 cylinders 1&2 misfire at idle flex fuel

More
11 months 1 week ago #61660 by Magshooter300
Cylinders 1&2 misfire at idle / low rpm misfires less or not at all around 1500-1800 rpm.
swapped injectors , coils , plugs and wires.
St fuel trim 7-9 Lt fuel trim 18-19 both banks.
P0172 & P0175 P219 A and B codes are permanent
No misfire codes.
Alcohol content 1%

Any ideas ?
Thanks......Sarge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #61664 by Donut
How do your compression numbers, cranking and running, look?

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

More
11 months 1 week ago #61665 by Tyler
High fuel trims on both banks... Do the trims improve off idle? Or as the engine warms up?

If they do improve, smoke the intake for a leak. If they don't improve, look towards a lack of fuel delivery. Dirty MAF, fuel pressure, like that.

Speaking of fuel, has anyone taken a fuel sample yet? I'd be interested to know if there's E85 in the tank, or some mixture of E85/E15. I know the ethanol content is shown at 1%, but that doesn't make it true. P0172/P0175 suggests someone was fighting an ethanol issue at some point.

More
11 months 1 week ago #61668 by Magshooter300
Not sure of compression numbers ,I will check them this weekend. I suspect they will be intermittent also.

More
11 months 1 week ago #61669 by Magshooter300
Fuel trims stay the same after engine hits run temp. Should have mentioned that I did smoke test entire system is tight. Swaped out MAF sensor with several including brand new OEM. Fuel pressure checks out fine. Never used E85/E15. I’m the only owner and never fought this problem before. I should also mention that this is an AFM engine. Thanks again Sarge

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds