Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2016 Mazda CX-5 Replacing Fuse box question

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #61179 by Jlima2034
Hello folks I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD

It was crashed in the front and body harness was messed up pretty bad. I found a used harness from eBay that came with the full harness seller said it would fit since the fuse boxes are interchangeable from 2014-2016. I replaced the fuse box with harness and vehicle wouldn't start. Does anyone know if anything needs to be reprogrammed? I also noticed that the old fuse box had a spot for 3 fuses which are empty in the new fuse I ordered

any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #61181 by Dtnel
Do you have a bidirectional scan tool? If so I'd look and see if it has a parameter reset being a off ford brand though I could be wrong.

Not 100% sure on the Mazda vehicles though as I don't see them alot.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #61182 by Matt T
That "fuse box" has BCM Front on it so it's a module which may require the as built updated or actual programming. Vehicle may also need a security relearn. If you've got an actual scan tool it might be able to do it. If not forscan is a lot cheaper than the factory tooling.

Linky to as built lookup. www6.b2b.mazda.co.jp/AsBuilt/AsBuiltSearchPage.aspx

I found a used harness from eBay that came with the full harness seller said it would fit since the fuse boxes are interchangeable from 2014-2016.

I'd check the OE parts catalog to confirm the harnesses are the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chad

More
1 year 1 week ago #61191 by Chad

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
1 year 1 week ago #61192 by Chad

I also noticed that the old fuse box had a spot for 3 fuses which are empty in the new fuse I ordered

Are there terminals inside the empty fuse sockets? If so, I'd pull the fuses from the old box, and put them into the new box.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds