Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Is there anyone that can give me with a hand with this? B2705:05

More
1 year 1 month ago #60957 by Pdude52
Is there anyone that can give me a hand with some of these codes? My car ran fine on Saturday the 8th, and now it won't even crank. I redid all my grounds on Saturday and my car ran just fine. Then on Sunday I put my key in the ignition, turned the key to run, put my car in drive without my car running to put my center console back on, put my car in park, and then went back inside my house. When I came back out a few hours later and went to start my car, it wouldn't crank. Does anybody have any idea why? I have a 2008 Chevy Cobalt LS Coupe 2.2L. Well any info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pat.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60958 by Tyler
Thanks for the code report. B) About the only current code on there is the B0081 for the Passenger Presence System, which won't cause a no crank.

Since the last thing to happen was shifting the transmission from Drive to Park and back, I might start there. Use the Transmission Control Module scan data to see if the transmission range sensor says it's in Park. If the data says it's not in Park, but the shifter IS in Park, then there's probably a linkage problem. Make sure the shift cable didn't break or separate somewhere.

If the TCM scan data says it is in Park, then go over to the ECM data and see if it's commanding the starter relay during the no crank. If it is, there's a genuine starter or starter circuit problem. If it isn't, then there's still a necessary input missing.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60964 by Pdude52
Is there anyway you could maybe walk me through how to do that? I have a Maxicom 808s, and I'm not really familar with the user interface yet.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60969 by rpd1125
You may have broken the shift cable end at that end at the transmission for the park/neutral switch. You can probably manually shift it back to park or neutral to start it

More
1 year 1 month ago #60976 by Tyler

Is there anyway you could maybe walk me through how to do that? I have a Maxicom 808s, and I'm not really familar with the user interface yet.

No worries. I won't be able to tell you the screen-by-screen steps. But you'll want to navigate to the TCM itself, and look for the option to view scan data. 'Data display' is usually what it gets labeled on Autel products. They'll be a ton of PIDs, but we're only interested in the transmission range at the moment.

An easier way might be to just try pushing the vehicle by hand. If the vehicle rolls forward or back more than a foot or two, then the parking pawl is not engaged. Of course, only do this if you're parked on a level surface and won't hit anything if the vehicle keeps rolling. ;)

More
1 year 1 month ago #61002 by MarkBeck101
Why did you have to "redid all my grounds" what was the problem that prompted you to think the grounds needed to be re-grounded? What did you do exactly to the grounds?

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds