Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

More
1 year 1 month ago #60869 by 660yfzman
Hey everybody I'm looking for a known good crank cam waveform for a 2007 CTS 3.6l. I was also wondering if anybody knows if this is an interference engine? And if the bank 2 timing chain is broken should I quote a timing chain kit or a new engine? Thanks in advance for everybody's help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60873 by CCordell
Replied by CCordell on topic 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
Hello,
I have a 2009 Chevy Traverse with a 3.6. It been a bit difficult. I did timing on it 2 times. Its my first time, but I also was looking for a good know waveform for the 3.6. I watched a video on YouTube for it. Hopefully this helps

How To Test GM 3.6L Timing Chain Problems With A Labscope - P0008, P0016, P0017 and more on YouTube
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60880 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Hey everybody I'm looking for a known good crank cam waveform for a 2007 CTS 3.6l. I was also wondering if anybody knows if this is an interference engine? And if the bank 2 timing chain is broken should I quote a timing chain kit or a new engine? Thanks in advance for everybody's help.

I just replaced an engine in one that broke the bank 2 chain. It is an interference engine.
AWD, book time was around 20 hours.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Noah.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds