Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

U Codes and dash warning lights on , CAN BUS

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60747 by DamianJP
Hello all, Thank you for these forums. Ive been scanning them lately and its been helping me get this far.

Car is 2013 Chrysler 200. Trying to keep my neighbor from having to go into a shop.

Codes are...

U0141- IPM lost comms

U110C- PCM no fuel level bus signal

U1403- Implausible fuel level

U1120- PCM no speed signal from antilock brake module

U0100- Lost comms with ECM/PCM "A"

U110A- PCM lost comms with SCCM (Steering Colum Control Module)

U1110- No speed signal from antilock brake module

U110E- Ambient air temp signal to BCM/PCM is lost. CAN "C"

Stored codes only have 4 of those 8 codes above.

Pending and Permanent have all 8 codes above.

Starts and drives around the block fine. Sits and idles fine. But the dash panel has weird things going on. Most of the warning lights are lit and sometimes there are squares around each shift icon (PRND31).

Parasitic draw was found and fixed but the battery/system saw some low to zero volts until it was fixed. Also system was jumped or charged thru the cig light port at one time. Just wanted to bring it up incase it corrupted the program in the PCM or whatever. So far battery is around 12.4-12.6 and alternator is outputing 14.2 to 14.7 charging. Battery connections are clean and good.

Also drivers window up and down button is broke. One headlight bulb is out aswell. Blend door accuator is clicking. Bringing all that up in case it ties in to the U codes or CAN BUS aswell.

Was thinking TIPM , PCM or grounded/shorted CAN BUS wiring.

Checked CAN BUS thru OBD2 and everything checks out. Only thing is sometimes the CAN BUS voltage is DOMINATE (CAN low 2v - CAN high 3v) and sometimes RECESSIVE (CAN low 2.5v - CAN high 2.5v). Ohms read 60ohm. Power and ground pins check out too on OBD2.

Does the CAN BUS wiring test I did mean the integrity of the CAN BUS comms wiring good?

Is this down to a TIPM , PCM or other module/connector screwing the CAN BUS comms up?

What should be my next maneuver ?

I know its a chunk of stuff to go through but Im trying to give you guys all the recon I have. Please let me know if you have any other question that will assist in fixing it. First time learning about U codes and diagnosing CAN BUS issues.

Thank you for your time and help,

DamianJP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #60749 by Cheryl
What modules can you communicate with the scanner? Also I don’t think you can check the pins 6 and 14 at the dlc as those go to the tipm if I remember correctly which is the gateway module. I’d focus on reading abs scan data lookin at the vehicle speed sensor also do you get a no bus message on the cluster??
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Cheryl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamianJP

More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #60750 by DamianJP
Thank you , Cheryl. Sorry for other 6 posts I dont know how that happened nor can I delete.

I have a Autel MS609 scanner and a good multimeter, thats it. Pretty privative , I know. I dont have one that shows the modules on a network. Im trying to do as much as i can before sending to him a shop.

Is there away to flip the TIPM over and do the same test I did at the DLC to get a true reading of CAN BUS wiring?

I dont know if I can do the ABS / VSS test with what I have. What made you think of the ABS/VSS? Im curious and love learning.

EDIT : I have NO "No BUS" message on cluster

Thank you !!
DamianJP
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by DamianJP. Reason: question

More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #60754 by Cheryl
So no bus is on cluster? I’ll look at a network diagram tomorrow. You may need to start unhooking modules one at a time. I’d start with the abs then pcm. Cycle key each time from on to off see if no bud goes away. Do system scan on all modules and let me know which ones you can communicate with
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Cheryl.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60762 by DamianJP
There is not a error on the dash thats says "no bus". Sorry for the mis communication on my part.

Went to scan car's ABS with the MS609 and it said no link to ABS.
Said to check...
1)Cable connection on dlc
2)Ignition on
3)Battery condition

All seem to check out...

Maybe my scanner is too old? Limp the car up to parts store for better scan with better scanner? Or is no link to ABS a clue to what is going on?

Rest of OBD2 codes read. Live data all work. Really was interested in seeing what the ABS feature of this scanner was going to say.

All in all ive been learning alot, active vs passive abs sensors , tone rings and checking can bus with multimeter ect. Just want to see dude happy and not get hosed if I cant fix it for free.

Thank you for your time/help/info.
DamianJP

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60764 by Cheryl
If your scanner can’t talk to the abs module and the parts store scanner can’t talk to the abs module then you need to check powers grounds and communication lines to the abs module. If there good the abs module is junk

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds