Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Knock Sensor Question

More
6 years 11 months ago #9625 by Grayfox
so the car is a 1993 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 with the 3.2 motor code 6VD1

it would seem to me and i probably am way wrong, but if you have a distributor-less ignition system, a knock sensor would be a "must" for the computer to know when to stop advancing the timing..... so, i finally decided to pull it apart and change the spark plug tube seals and fix the cam plug seals at the back of the heads....and then the engine machinist side of my past kicked in and well,, heck i already have the intake off at this point... might as well take it all the way off cuz i know the o'rings on the coolant manifold need replaces( turns out they were so old they broke to bits just taking it apart).. then my mind says to me.. this thing is spark knocking a bit, now is the time to change the knock sensor cus it should be right down here..... LoL somebody out there happen to know where its at? cuz it aint in the v-part of the block under the intake... its just not there. and so far i dont see it anywhere on the side of the block or the rear.

P.S Mr. Danner, if you happen to read this. thank you for the sacrifices you have and do make to help us!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #9626 by Ro-longo
Replied by Ro-longo on topic Knock Sensor Question
Well, I tried to find a good source for the location but the is not any definite information. Looked on Alldata and Identifix. Identifx had Remove and Replace info but all it said was to remove items necessary to access the sensor and replace the sensor. I looked up Labor to see how long it would take and it calls for .8 hours.

If I were to take a guess, I would say they are located on the side of the engine block below the exhaust manifolds.

"Silver bullets are for killing Werewolves, not fixing Cars." -Rob Longoria-

More
6 years 11 months ago #9628 by Grayfox
Replied by Grayfox on topic Knock Sensor Question
hey thanks for the thoughts..after tracing the wiring harness as much as i at thus point have been able to follow...so far it ends at the map sensor. but still looking to make sure im not over looking any stray branch offs starting to wonder if it is using some other means of detonation sensing... the search continues

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds