Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

02 sensor giving no trim data

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60692 by 3harfliali
Hi all
I have an c4 cactus with repeating fault code warning. When I received data with my obd2 tools, i see there is no trim data from the second o2 sensor. Will you have a look at the data and help please. Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60693 by bills4065
what code are you getting? looking at that screenshot I am thinking a PO420.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60696 by 3harfliali
Thanks for answer. The code is about the catalyst said the mechanic. And he overrode a software to cancel that code. So it is now only p0000 code. Because my New car software cant recognize the fault. But it remains there as unknown fault.
So do you think my second o2 sensor does not work correctly?

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60697 by bills4065
No. I think if your rear sensor is swinging from .2 to .8 volts it is duplicating your front sensor, that is to say the converter is not doing its job. On a catalytic converter doing its job, the sensor will have slight fluctuations , but it should show more steadily .5 volts or higher. My humble opinion only, perhaps some others will chime in.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60717 by 3harfliali
Thanks u. U opened a Window to me and when i searched your "humble" opinion, i found out that it is True. Ä°ts either a unstable 02 bank 2 or failed converter. Which i choose the first...
And one more question please
How can i detect if the 02 bank 2 is broken. Ä°f i change 1 and 2 sensors place, will it work? Thanks

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60719 by bills4065
Your 02S2 screenshot shows the sensor is switching , not stuck at rich or lean signal command, so why check for stuck rich or lean command when screenshot shows it is switching? Looking like a catalytic converter to me. Has your miles per gallon dropped significantly also? A tailpipe emission test would tell tell you a lot also.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60727 by 3harfliali
Surprisingly i had my pipeline emission checked twice last month and the result was perfect. No problem was shown about the catalyst converter...
By the way the fault Light appears almost two days later than it is erased. So i cant say it is a continual problem all the time.
So, can we think it is bad converter still?
Sensors or converter for you?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #60736 by bills4065
Can you check with a dealership to see if there are any technical service bulletins associated with your car? What i do know is the computer monitors the rear O2 sensor for catalytic activity, and if it does not like what it is seeing for activity from the oxygen sensor, that is to say it is duplicating the forward sensor , it will them throw a PO 420 code. Your screen shot, that is with a hot converter, correct? The sensor replaced in or after catalytic converter, was it same part number as original one? Something just not seeming right so far. You say the mechanic did something to the software , i think I would be looking at what went on with that also.
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by bills4065.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60761 by 3harfliali
Hi my patently helping friend.
I changed o2 1 and two places today.
The 2. ( after the catalyst converter) in the first start was in smooth movement between 0.4 and 0.5 volt, but again began to duplicate the first bank in one minute after the engine got heated between 0.2 and 0.9...
So your diagnose is almost proved, the reason must be the failed converter right?
And also there was much thick Black smoke on the sensors although i have cleaned them a week ago.
By the way i am really grareful to u whomever u are...

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60763 by bills4065
I would still see if there are any technical service bulletins on your car. A dealership can do that. I am also curious why the mechanic overrode the software to cancel the converter code. I am not saying your catalytic converter is done, the rear sensor is switching rich and lean like the forward sensor, which is telling the engine computer to set the PO420 code. If converter is done, I can not figure out how it passed an emissions test. @ ScannerDanner will hopefully read this and chime in and Paul will throw his thoughts in also. keep us posted.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60829 by MarkBeck101
I have never seen a P0000 DTC even listed. I think what the mechanic found was a P1000 which is very common and means "OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete" which means some of the OBD-II monitors have not passed. It is a normal code if you disconnect the battery and have not completed the needed drive cycles to complete the component test. It can also be present when you have a specific OBD-II component failure like P0420 which means; Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1). Also known as CAT emission break through, meaning the CAT oxygen storage and release response indicates a failing Catalytic Converter.

More
1 year 1 week ago #60921 by bills4065
@3harfliali- how did you make out with this, did you find your problem?

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds