Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Dielectric grease on pcm pins

More
1 year 6 days ago #60640 by Cheryl
Not really a repair but I was chasing a p2138 on a 2015 Tahoe it was intermittent it’d do it once a couple days. Only thing I seen was 3 connectors the gas pedal signals go through to get to the ecm. All 3 of them had tons of dielectric grease packed in them. Do you guys use dielectric grease that way? I only really use it on coil boots and light bulbs. These connections had so much grease the pins were full.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 days ago #60641 by Cheryl
Has new accelerator pedal and pigtail from other shop.

More
1 year 6 days ago #60648 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Dielectric grease on pcm pins
Dielectric in connectors? Sure, if I suspect there might be a pin fretting issue going on. Not enough to hydrolock the connector, though. :silly: I've heard that GM endorses using Nyogel:

www.amazon.com/NyoGel-760G-Dielectric-Sy...Grease/dp/B07FD145CP

As far as your P2138, maybe it's time for an overlay? :huh: Was the replacement APP a GM part?

More
1 year 6 days ago #60654 by Cheryl
Oem pedal and pigtail. The pins jammed full of it. I guess I’ll drive it with a scope on it til then for a couple days.

More
1 year 6 days ago #60655 by Cheryl
Is the nylon grease different than the standard dielectric grease?

More
1 year 4 days ago #60679 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Dielectric grease on pcm pins

Is the nylon grease different than the standard dielectric grease?

The Nyogel? No idea. It's priced like it's better than normal dielectric. :silly: But I've never tried it.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #60832 by MarkBeck101
I doubt if it is dielectric grease. It is probably similar to Grote Ultra-Seal which is not just an insulator in air but also prevents bare connection pins from corroding. Although Ultra-Seal looks like grease, it is a lot darker looking than your traditional spark plug boot Dielectric grease.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62576 by Cheryl
Update. Found terminal fretting at x115 connection on the low reference wire for app1. Drove around with scope for a few weeks acted up seen app1 go to 5 volts reduced power light came on bypassed connection all good now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #62625 by Cheryl
Well been driving it. Made a u turn in a parking lot. Stabilitrak light comes on lost communication with steering angle sensor. I was almost certain the low reference wire that was corroded in the bulk head connection was the only issue. This thing has been to multiple Chevy dealerships in the past even sent to auction and a used car lot ended up with it. Has all service paper work from different dealerships.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds