Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Ford Explorer 3.5L TiVCT has ABS, PSCM, PCM codes.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60551 by Rich G
Vehicle has no noticeable driveability issues but the dashboard has lit up like a Christmas tree.
When you start the vehicle there are several messages that appear:
1. "Check Brake System"
2. "Service Advance Trac"
3. The "wrench" symbol appeared.

The following Codes are present:

C0034:01 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Antilock Braking System
C0037:01 Left Rear Wheel Sensor Antilock Braking System
U3000:49 Control Module Antilock Braking System
C0034:01 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Antilock Braking System
C0037:01 Left Rear Wheel Sensor Antilock Braking System
U0121:00 Lost Communication With Anti‑Lock Brake System Control Module A
U3000:49 Control Module Antilock Braking System
U0415:00 Invalid Data Received from Anti‑Lock Brake System Control Module A
U0121:00 Lost Communication With Anti‑Lock Brake System Control Module A
U3000:49 Control Module
C0034:01 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
C0037:01 Left Rear Wheel Sensor
C0034:01 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
C0037:01 Left Rear Wheel Sensor
C0001:49 Traction Control System Control Channel A Valve 1
C0004:49 Traction Control System Control Channel B Valve 2
U0121:00 Lost Communication With Anti‑Lock Brake System
U0415:00 Invalid Data Received from Anti‑Lock Brake System

I am able to look at live data and can see that all 4 of the wheel speed sensors are reading/responding
and show correct MPH as speed increases.
The Traction Control system is turned off by the PCM and I am not able to switch it back on.

Not sure where to begin on this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60568 by Tyler
There are some obscure codes in there! :silly: Like C0001. Don't think I've ever seen that one before...

I see that the ABS module set U3000. What was the other module that set U3000?

Not sure where to begin on this one.

Honestly, I think I'd start with a battery disconnect. Key off and out, disconnect the battery cables and short them together for awhile. Reconnect the battery, key on, clear all codes and see what comes back. I'd also do the ABS KOEO Self-Test like the C0001 chart suggests. If your scan tool will do the IVD Initialization, I'd do that, too.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60613 by Rich G
Tyler, thank you for replying to my post. I typed my response in blue, and also provided some screenshots of my scanner.

I see that the ABS module set U3000. What was the other module that set U3000?
I do not see another module that has set code U3000. Could it be that this was set because the ABS module is not communicating over the network??

Honestly, I think I'd start with a battery disconnect. Key off and out, disconnect the battery cables and short them together for awhile. Reconnect the battery, key on, clear all codes and see what comes back. I'd also do the ABS KOEO Self-Test like the C0001 chart suggests. If your scan tool will do the IVD Initialization, I'd do that, too.

I did the battery disconnect and left it shorted for a half hour. Re-connected the battery and did clear all codes. The following codes immediately came back with KOEO:

PSCM:
1.) U0121:00-0A Lost communication with ABS Control Module.
2.) U0415:00-0A Invalid data received from ABS Control Module A

ABS:
1.) U3000:49-AB Control Module
2.) C0034:01-AB Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor
3.) C0037:01-AB Left Rear Wheel Sensor

Also….The “Traction Control Off”, “Brake”, “ABS”, and message center warnings were all on as well with KOEO.
As soon as I started the vehicle, the “wrench” symbol lamp came on as well.

I attempted the IVD Initialization as you suggested. The only option I was given in the ABS “special functions” sequence was [bleed brakes] and [IVD initialization sequence].

When I attempt the IVD initialization the only option offered was “longitudinal acceleration sensor” I performed that successfully.

I misspoke on the last post when I said the wheel speed sensors all worked. I looked at the 4 wheel speed sensors live data and graphed them while test driving. The front right and left rear were flat throughout the entire drive cycle. The other two sensors were responding and reporting normally.

Also, I did remove the ABS Control Module Electrical connector and inspected it for corrosion at the pins as well as the wire harness plug. It looked very clean.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Rich G. Reason: Removed duplicate screenshots

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds