Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

12 to 19 ford dual clutch systems

More
1 year 1 month ago #60493 by bizz2222
Just want to see how many ford mechanics are here, my question is can the 11 to 19 6 speed automatic dual clutch system have forward gears and no reverse and the dual clutch be bad ? Most of the time if the car has forward or reverse it is usually 1 of the 2 clutch forks or the tcm or 1 of the 2 silanoids correct me if I'm wrong but there is only 1 clutch disk I the pressure plates right ? Would be good to know this answer. Thank you for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60624 by kkane97.kane
Clutch a gears 1 3 5
Clutch b gears 2 4 6 r

I do about one a week lately, Luk 07233 kit same as OEM. Bring it in, perform clutch relearn procedure, listen closely while it is actuating and most times you can hear when it has a bad throw out bearing or broken fork.
Using the measurements given after completing the clutch relearn helps determine clutch wear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, bizz2222

More
1 year 1 month ago #60625 by kkane97.kane
This is a good resource to identify how they work, there are two clutches inside the bell housing as far as your original question
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...7gT8Io5pdx0xxc6TiKzF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, juergen.scholl

More
1 year 1 month ago #60645 by Tyler

This is a good resource to identify how they work, there are two clutches inside the bell housing as far as your original question
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...7gT8Io5pdx0xxc6TiKzF

Thanks for that link! :cheer: And for that bit about using the relearn procedure to check for wear.

Have you ever inadvertently created a problem by running the relearn? As in, car came in shifting fine with no codes, but running the relearn exposed a problem. Do you have some known good measurements? There's still a ton of these things running around where I work. :lol:

More
1 year 1 month ago #60646 by kkane97.kane
This is a good resource that will answer that for you. Absolutely I have seen an issue caused during a adaptive test. I typically warn the customer it may help their concern it may make it worse, but is a necessary step to diagnose what the issue is

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds