Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

no comm between canbus and abs as well as no comm between ecm and canbus

More
1 year 2 months ago #60357 by Fastrider750
2005 subaru obwagon could afaulty or shorted wheel speed sensor cause no communication between canbus network and ecm/abs module? also on tripmeter display message S ON or 5 ON is shown w/ key off push tripmeter button 3 times? help as this loss of comms is causing all kind of problems and it comes and goes no pattern rough idle poor mileage tuneup is recent well maintained vehicle no cel or pcodes only codes present are u2021 u2023 before i commit to a new ecm w/ most recent updates which include 3 revisions since 2005 and over 1200.00 cost plus flashing any suggestioons would be helpful. Thanx Wrench retired ase tech 48 yrs ojt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60370 by bjørn.ali.stokman
That code simply means that the message recieved is faulty, it contains bad information. And if a module is sending a "weird" message on the bus, you could get that fault code.
It does not indicate no communication.

A wheel speed sensor is absolutely a possible culprit here, what are the symptoms?
do you have any ABS codes?

Parts cannon first, then diag.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 2 months ago #60403 by Noah
As Bjorn asked, what exactly are the symptoms? Can you communicate with the ABS module with a capable scan tool? Does your scan tool ever not communicate with the engine control module? I could see a faulty wheel speed sensor setting "implausible data received from abs" codes, but not a flat out no com.
Depending on what's going on with the car, I may or may not chose to chase a u1000 code. While it certainly isn't ideal, in my experience it's not uncommon for a handful of modules to store a loss of communication code with another module. If I happen to be looking for the source of a misfire, I'll likely ignore such codes, but in the case of say a no start, or a module that truly will not communicate, then those codes have some more gravity.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds