Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 GMC Sierra 4.3 L - No start,

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #60351 by forumoto
This engine do not start but it has sparks continually during cranking but the injectors give bright 1 pulse and then 2 weak pulse and it won’t give pulse again unless you turn key off and wait for 20 seconds before you will see the injector giving same pulse for 3 incandescent light flash, first start give high glow and the second and third is weak and it won’t give again but the sparks are constant in the plugs..

Now when you disconnect the crank sensor, no spark, at all and the 3 injector pulses will also not show up,

Now when you connect the crank sensor and disconnect the cam sensor, while starting, there is still spark and you will experience that 3 injector pulses.

A continuous cranking will throw p0016..

Timing has been check and check and everything is on point.. attach is image of the timing guide and how it is set yet still I get p0016 after long cranking, there is no slack in check nor plastic adjuster…

The camsensor connection as 5 volts reference and the ground continually while cranking too, so I am totally confuse why I keep keeping 0016 error code and also car won’t start..

Fuel pressure is constant flowing too, one side of the injector has power too.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by forumoto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60353 by Tyler
Hey forumoto! I got your PM. I'd like to help you on here if possible. That way the big brains around here can contribute to the discussion, and we can all learn something.

So the injector pulse goes away during cranking? Does the scan tool indicate what the injection pulse width is during cranking? If you try to start the engine with alternate fuel, does it start? As in, brake cleaner in the throttle body, carb cleaner in the brake booster hose, like that. Stand back a bit in case the intake pops back at you. ;)

Have you seen PIP5102?

www.tsbsearch.com/GMC/PIP5102

I can't say I've ever seen a shifted reluctor condition before, but it's something to keep in mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #60360 by forumoto

Hey forumoto! I got your PM. I'd like to help you on here if possible. That way the big brains around here can contribute to the discussion, and we can all learn something.

So the injector pulse goes away during cranking?

Ans-: Yes, it goes away when it give it first deep flash , second become faint, 3 becomes very faint and you won’t see it again, till you turn key off and wait for some seconds as I stated above.

Does the scan tool indicate what the injection pulse width is during cranking?

Ans-: i have now, short video of injector pulse width

www.mediafire.com/folder/52un3dfoq5l5j/GmcSierrA

If you try to start the engine with alternate fuel, does it start? As in, brake cleaner in the throttle body, carb cleaner in the brake booster hose, like that. Stand back a bit in case the intake pops back at you. ;)

Ans-:

Current Update as of today March 06/2023-:

The engine does n it start on alternate fuel any more.. but it gives spark and the little 3 times injector pulse still yet it won’t start on alternate fuel being introduce into the intake…

Have you seen PIP5102?

Ans-: Just seeing this info. But I have something to say, I have realized that the cam sprocket has marked marked the cam sensor, so I got it changed and put a little spacer shims, so that the cam sprocket won’t touch the sensor any more, but do not forget even with the old sensor that has the cam mark on the cam sensor tip, car won’t start still just symptoms it gives just as I have put the shims on the new sensor so that the cam won’t have close body touch with it.

www.tsbsearch.com/GMC/PIP5102

I can't say I've ever seen a shifted reluctor condition before, but it's something to keep in mind.

Continue-: for the crankshaft reluctor wheel to move, I doubt because it has a balancer key lock on the crank shaft which locks the crankshaft sprocket* and then the same
Key locks the reluctor ( which you can pull or remove by pulling it off from the sprocket, same key also locks the pulley, so to really say that crankshaft reluctor has move, it will be difficult for me to say it has…

The only thing I have seen that I got confuse is the cam sprocket that has dented the cam sensor a little on the tip, but with that I have put a shim by measurement on the sensor neck to give it that little gap so that when it is tighten it won’t sit too much to let the cam sprocket have contact.

attach image is how the crankshaft reluctor looks exactly on the crankshaft with the crankshaft balancer key

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by forumoto. Reason: Adding more to my reply

More
1 year 2 months ago #60361 by Matt T
Is this thing a no start after a timing chain set, or engine, replacement? Pictures of the cam sprocket on Rock Auto are a match for the one in service info. Also looked for OE. It appears to be the same but couldn't find an image for it that showed the timing mark. I think you may be dealing with either the wrong cam sprocket or one that has had timing mark stamped in the wrong place.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #60364 by forumoto

Is this thing a no start after a timing chain set, or engine, replacement? Pictures of the cam sprocket on Rock Auto are a match for the one in service info. Also looked for OE. It appears to be the same but couldn't find an image for it that showed the timing mark. I think you may be dealing with either the wrong cam sprocket or one that has had timing mark stamped in the wrong place.

Do you want the vin to confirm the cam sprocket image, even though I doubt the cam sprocket has been change. Because the camshaft bar has 3 threaded hole with. Notch or dowel pin and it’s the same thing on the engine

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by forumoto. Reason: Add up

More
1 year 2 months ago #60367 by Matt T

Do you want the vin to confirm the cam sprocket image, even though I doubt the cam sprocket has been change. Because the camshaft bar has 3 threaded hole with. Notch or dowel pin and it’s the same thing on the engine

VIN shouldn't matter so long as the truck is definitely a 2013.

The picture you posted appears to only have one center bolt. Is that not the vehicle you're working on?

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #60368 by forumoto

VIN shouldn't matter so long as the truck is definitely a 2013.

The picture you posted appears to only have one center bolt. Is that not the vehicle you're working on?

The picture in the white is the vehicle am
Working on, but the one with the one bolt timing is the same as position as 12 and 6 o’clock. I will be taking that picture and upload here with injection pulse width so that you can take a look

Here are more images from the engine that is giving me headach…

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by forumoto.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds